swing harness

toyboy

hi all.i see a few swing harnesses on fleabay.
names such as swingy thingy,detecting buddy,swing aid,ez swing,detector pro,etc...

what I'd like to know is which ones actually work?also how do they work
when you kneel down to dig?

any advice would be appreciated as my etrac is very coil heavy and my elbow
ain't the best.

thanks in advance.

Had all of those plus made several myself. I like the Minelab Proswing. It seems to be the best positioned for swing and balance, and you can easily strap on other accessories like field pouch, water bottles, pick axe, etc, etc.

The rest seem to be no more effective than strapping a bungie cord from the back of your waist, over your shoulder on to the detector. in all fairness, they will work, but not ideal and for me, most cut/dig into my shoulder or back.

Also, you may be surprised, but get a good quality hiking backpack and you can easily bungie a detector to the backpack s shoulder strap (the area on the front of your chest) and this will be very similar to the Proswing. Only thing with the Proswing is that it has a little bar to help transfer some of the shoulder force to your waist which does noticeably help. Then again, if you have the backpack and a bungie, you'll save a hundred bucks.

FWIW, I used the Proswing with my explorers (with a giant 24" beach coil), also my sea hunter, and CZs. All worked great!

Minelab Pro Swing 45 --Works !!!

+1 on the Minelab Pro Swing45 harness ...... It really does work the best of all. The special bar that transfers the weight makes any machine or any size coil easy to swing all day long and then some ! Now, for releasing from the harness to dig is just a flick to remove the bungee from the detector. I will never hunt without my pro45 and just remember you get what you pay for with other products, as cheap is cheap and the Pro 45 is quality! JMO

I have the detecting buddy and it works great on my ctx. I havent used it on land as I am a beach hunter but it works really well by taking all the weight off your elbow

thanks for all the replies.i may see if i can jury-rig something with a bungy cord.

thanks for all the replies.i may see if i can jury-rig something with a bungy cord.

Go for it! I did that for a few months until I eventually broke down and bought the ML Pro-swing. Ironically, the pro-swing doesn't fit my kids so they get the good ole' bungie. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom