garrett accessories how to verify authentic.

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Ok. Could have swore I was ordering from Garrett but think I got.confused.

Ordered a extra aa battery holder and a coil cover...
Coil cover feels flimsy and cheap, only.one spot I see numbers on it.
Also seems shallow!

Aa holder almost seems like it was scratched up in one spot.

Wondering if there is a way to verify these are indeed knock offs or not.

Trying to get pictures up having issues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Images

Attachments

• Cover6.jpg
    Cover6.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Cover4.jpg
    Cover4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Cover3.jpg
    Cover3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 416
  • Cover2.jpg
    Cover2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 332
  • Cover1.jpg
    Cover1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 417
looks good to me .. as long as they fit i wouldnt worry .. my coil cover is flimsy as well .. its just a protective cover for the coil .. not supposed to add a lot of weight to it.. word of warning be carefull of the battery holders .. if they have batteries in them and you drop on a hard surface .. they can crack .. (has happened to me twice )

Looks like the coil cover I had, they aren't very deep or thick.

The 1606600 number is the Garrett Part Number.

The little dots inside are from the manufacturing process.

I can't say it's 100% real but it sure looks like the one I had.

Maybe someone that currently has one can post theirs to compare.

The battery holder was probably in a box with a bunch of others and got scratched.

Last edited:
looks good to me .. as long as they fit i wouldnt worry .. my coil cover is flimsy as well .. its just a protective cover for the coil .. not supposed to add a lot of weight to it.. word of warning be carefull of the battery holders .. if they have batteries in them and you drop on a hard surface .. they can crack .. (has happened to me twice )

I need to check tonight after work and double check but yea what a challenge to get it to fit..

Yea I tried to on a mobile device I coulda have sworn amazon said Garrett as seller. But when I look at order details says other wise..

Garrett is the manufacturer, they wouldn't be the seller. That is why there are dealers all over the country to sell their products for them.

Be VERY VERY careful buying from Amazon. There are legit dealers selling there, but there are also people selling fakes. Amazon is just the advertiser and handling the money transfer.

OK WHAT THE HECK?!?!,
ORDER DETAILS SHOULD BE JUST THAT! DETAILS ABOUT MY ONE ORDER RIGHT??
get this I screen captured the order info last night from my account about my past order. Living whatever.. Well now says sold by someone else...
Wth?!?!?!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20160123_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160123_0001.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 286
  • wp_ss_20160124_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20160124_0001.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 275
  • wp_ss_20160124_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20160124_0002.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 191
Well, the good news is that Hollands Brooks is an actual dealer! "Garrett" may be their Amazon account name. Which is what I was talking about, anyone could name themselves anything.

Battery holders are pretty cheap, and yours looks right to me, although the UPC # appears to be different. I believe it should be UPC 92145501177. I think I got 2 for about $8, but I did buy them from a Garrett authorized dealer. I just checked, and one of mine is slightly scuffed up on one side too. As mentioned, they were probably in a big box, loose, and just got scratched. It shouldn't affect anything, as long as they hold the batteries securely, and they work.

As for the cover, didn't you get one with your original coil/detector ? I did order a 5x8 coil & cover (likewise from an authorized dealer), but the cover did not fit tightly. It fit around the perimeter, but it did not fit tight, or snug, in the middle. There was a gap which would allow dirt & grass to easily get between the cover and coil. I just notified the dealer, and he sent me a replacement immediately. He told me that it was a common manufacturing problem (from the factory), and that unfortunately, they did run across this problem, occasionally.

As for your order, if it was "fulfilled by Amazon", they will take it back, if you feel it's a fake.........

Oh, and if you are concerned, call Hollands Brook (1-888-896-4660) and ask about the items sold through Amazon...........

Battery holders are pretty cheap, and yours looks right to me, although the UPC # appears to be different. I believe it should be UPC 92145501177. I think I got 2 for about $8, but I did buy them from a Garrett authorized dealer. I just checked, and one of mine is slightly scuffed up on one side too. As mentioned, they were probably in a big box, loose, and just got scratched. It shouldn't affect anything, as long as they hold the batteries securely, and they work.

As for the cover, didn't you get one with your original coil/detector ? I did order a 5x8 coil & cover (likewise from an authorized dealer), but the cover did not fit tightly. It fit around the perimeter, but it did not fit tight, or snug, in the middle. There was a gap which would allow dirt & grass to easily get between the cover and coil. I just notified the dealer, and he sent me a replacement immediately. He told me that it was a common manufacturing problem (from the factory), and that unfortunately, they did run across this problem, occasionally.

As for your order, if it was "fulfilled by Amazon", they will take it back, if you feel it's a fake.........

Oh, and if you are concerned, call Hollands Brook (1-888-896-4660) and ask about the items sold through Amazon...........

Good to know. But still odd how the sold by changes. This is a details view from the completed order.

And no I got my at pro used. But if I got new would have got instantly, I haven't taken my at pro out but this was a no brainer even with my unit being used :)

Good to know. But still odd how the sold by changes. This is a details view from the completed order.

And no I got my at pro used. But if I got new would have got instantly, I haven't taken my at pro out but this was a no brainer even with my unit being used :)

if the coil cover fits and battery holders fit and work also...i wouldnt worry about it....those arent critical parts...

I wouldnt doubt if garrett has both those parts made in china anyway

if the coil cover fits and battery holders fit and work also...i wouldnt worry about it....those arent critical parts...

I wouldnt doubt if garrett has both those parts made in china anyway

True. Haven't tried the battery pack yet. But wow that coil cover couldn't have been more of a.pita to get on!!

Back
Top Bottom