Cold sunny day

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
After getting clobbered with more than two feet of snow and hurricane force wind gusts on Tuesday, it was a pleasure to see a calm sunny day today, though it was cold (32 degrees). The sea was smooth so I headed to the beach. Spent about 2 hours prospecting and not much had changed from a week ago, but finally found an area that had been cut down a bit. Started hitting targets on every swing and managed to pull a few goodies before the incoming tide forced me out. One of the cool things was the remnants of a kneeling lead soldier. Another oddity was a steel war cent -- first of these I've found. Also found a nice little ring circumscribed by bright stones. It looks like silver but it's unmarked. Quite a few older coins including wheats, so it's clear that the storm churned this area up pretty well. Weather permitting, I'll be hitting that spot hard to see what else turns up. Happy hunting out there!

Foiled

Attachments

• IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_2104.jpg
    IMG_2104.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 412
You did fairly well in the snow dept Brian and had high winds from what I saw... rip up the beaches much? good job just getting out.

I don't how you were able to hunt I this weather , dedication , dedication !!
Nice finds
HH

Awesome finds. Glad you made it through "Juno" intact. Thanks for sharing.
You did fairly well in the snow dept Brian and had high winds from what I saw... rip up the beaches much? good job just getting out.
Good job getting out and doing some hunting. You did good for sure.;)
I don't how you were able to hunt I this weather , dedication , dedication !!
Nice finds
HH

25" of snow, and drifts over 4 feet -- yah, we did 'fairly well in the snow dept' :snowflake::snowing::snowflake::windy::lol: Took a day and a half to dig out:snowtruck: Craig, where were you when I needed you?:lol: Fortunately we didn't lose electricity. The beaches in our area didn't change much as the winds were mostly from the NE. A couple low spots appeared and I'm trying to work them during breaks in the weather. Looks like we have more to come.:(

Great beach finds. My friend is going down to the jersey shore on 2/8. I might go with him. Hope we have a good hunt like you .
pretty ring :)
Cool stuff! Nice finds!
Glad you had a "good" day to hit to beach to swing your detector!! Looks like you had a great day! Congrats!
Thanks folks. Any day out in the water is a good day, so long as I'm not freezing. I was out again today and a small iceberg drifted by... :lol:
Congrats on a nice hunt-I like that soldier
Nice hunt and congrats on your finds !! Pretty ring and the soldier is cool !!

Yeah, the soldier is neat. Too bad the armament is missing. The expression on his face is pretty sinister so I guess he meant business. I'm getting a good collection of lead toys from the salt, but I don't play with them... ;)

Cool finds! Is the Canadian quarter silver or is it just a really clean recent drop? Stands out from the rest of the coins.

Nice finds! I'm thinking that ring is part of a wedding set and is gold with real stones. I've found a couple like that that were unmarked, seems the engagement ring of the set is the part that is often marked.

Cool finds! Is the Canadian quarter silver or is it just a really clean recent drop? Stands out from the rest of the coins.

It's a 1984, so it's nickel. The ones I've found don't stand up in the salt water very well, so it was likely a recent drop. It does have a small hole corroded through one edge. One I found some time ago had huge 'bites' taken out of it, nice sharp edges like a rat was eating it, with the rest of the coin pristine. Weird way for a coin to corrode...

Nice finds! I'm thinking that ring is part of a wedding set and is gold with real stones. I've found a couple like that that were unmarked, seems the engagement ring of the set is the part that is often marked.

Thanks Crumble, could be. The metal is in good shape for coming out of the salt water, so white gold is a possibility. I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom