A 'Thank You' to 'normX2' and 'basstrackerman' for replies elsewhere.

Monte

"In Memory of"
normx2 said:
You don't have to own the latest and greatest to enjoy the hobby.
So very true. Sure, many of us have some of the 'newer' or more recent detectors in our Outfit, but that doesn't make them the best choice for everything, and I can guarantee myself a lot of 'fun' and satisfaction, as well as success afield, by using models that some consider to be 'outdated' or lacking many features.

I can get as much enjoyment using my simple Tesoro Silver Sabre microMAX or Bandido II microMAX in many applications as I can any of my other detectors to include my Nokta-Makro Anfibio Multi.

basstrackerman said:
Your right.. you also don't need to watch videos to enjoy the hobby. I've been detecting so long that buying different detectors is actually part of my fun.. I keep one that does the job and I buy different ones to test on the side...
I'm another in agreement with you two on this topic. I admit that I do keep more than one favorite detector in my Regular-Use Outfit, but like you I also acquire or borrow newer or different models just to check them out against what I own and use ... then they usually get sold or traded.

I find stuff, but I always set out to enjoy my time afield and 'have fun.'

Monte

Tis true! I consider it very rewarding to take a sub $200 machine and find great stuff. This year has been my best ever with gold finds over $1k and I never stepped foot in the water! The little Mojave can gitter done and has proven to me that if you aren’t digging it all you are passing over treasure. The best thing I have found is FUN and I find plenty of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detector Police

Thanks Monte, hope you're doing well out yonder way. Somehow common sense shows up often when needed and your comment gained from experience is appreciated.

Personally I've never built a metal detector so I would find it really difficult to throw critique etiquette out the window and publicly body slam or ban a manufacturer that has spent a lot of time and money doing so.:(

Last edited:
I know that through the many years I've been enjoying the sport of having 'fun' outdoors there have been, and are, some models that just don't appeal to me or I flat out wouldn't care to own. But that's fine because there will be those who do like them.

I also don't care to have things get complex when 'simple' can work just nicely for most detecting needs, and for that I enjoy my main-use reliable detectors. My Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, as well as my Nokta FORS CoRe and Relic units. I can tackle any site or any challenge presented to me with these detectors.

But one of the best things about this hobby is just having 'fun' and I have added a former favorite model, a Teknetics Omega 8000, and just this past Saturday another simpler but very functional Fisher F44 to my Outfit because they are very light weight, simple and functional models that can provide ample performance for most day-to-day sites I might select to go play.

Nothing wrong with a lower-priced detector as long as it works well for the specific site challenges we face.

Monte

Tis true! I consider it very rewarding to take a sub $200 machine and find great stuff. This year has been my best ever with gold finds over $1k and I never stepped foot in the water! The little Mojave can gitter done and has proven to me that if you aren’t digging it all you are passing over treasure. The best thing I have found is FUN and I find plenty of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup! an outrageously good detector!..i use mine for totters,and curb strips.
gets it done,with a ton of fun!..outstanding coin and jewelry sniper.

(h.h!)
j.t.

I try to post my finds as much as possible.When I look back through the last 5 year's at my posts I remember every plate full of those finds,and the machine I was using is usually in the pics.
This was before the equinox,anfibio,kruzer or whatever else happens to be the flavor of the month.lol..Countless mercs,Rosie's,half's,clad and gold all found with obsolete machines.:laughing:
Although I like buying and trying some of the latest out I know they're not needed to make awesome finds,we've been doing it for along time already.

Its true, just have fun. I still use my Ace 250 with its slow recovery speed. I have found a lot of gold jewelry with it. Any decent detector will give hours of fun!

Back
Top Bottom