Thanks Zippo!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Hey! You all remember when brother rbstoops found that Zippo in a creek back in Aug? His find jogged my memory... I knew I had one around here that I found a few years ago in the water at a boatramp, so I dug it out of the junk jar and sent it in just to see if their Lifetime guarantee was meaningful...

Well, they sent me this one back today! It was easy, you print a return form off their website, fill it out, and send it in...They stayed in touch via Email all the way through the process...(Hey, we got it, hey we are working on it, hey, we sent out a new one) they sorrowfully noted that the one I sent in could not be repaired, and they hope this one will suit my needs appropriately...It does! Hurray for Zippo! You gotta love that!

So here I am, down in the basement, flicking it on and smelling that wonderful lighter fluid, looking into the flame, and listening to the unmistakable crisp click of the cover...Cool as heck!!
Mud

Attachments

• zippo.jpg
    zippo.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 616
  • zippo1.jpg
    zippo1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 706
  • zippo2.jpg
    zippo2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 628
I'll send whatever non-working one I ever find to them!

Yeah, Great Company! Very unique and stimulating product.. I've bought a lot of them in the past and given them away as gifts... Never had one for myself, I have been using the beach found cheapo lighters for years now...A guy just has to have some way to make a fire!

I glued a Merc I found onto it...Someday I will do a design on the back using a found nail while I'm sitting in the shade or waiting out a storm on the beach...:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• zippo3.jpg
    zippo3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 598
Yeah, they hold on to a great business model there. I had one that was my grandpa's and the hinge got really loose. I sent it to them with a letter that if they couldn't fix it to just send it back since it held sentimental value. They fixed it right up and sent it back with a nice letter that they were glad to help carry on my family tradition of carrying their great lighter. Got a lot more years of the old trick opening and finger snap lighting out of that old lighter...:D

Great post Mud and nice score on the new Zippo. That merc looks sweet :yes: love that very distinctive click those Zippos have.
They have the best customer service :yes:

I was going through some old finds just yesterday and wondering what to do with the old trashed Zippos. Was thinking about cleaning them up and making a display.
Now wondering if Zippo will take on a bulk repair or replacement. :lol:
"I am a heavy smoker and all my 20 Zippos somehow got damaged" :laughing:

Might send in my coolest Zippo find though

Last edited:
I just trashed one I found on the beach. Next one I'll send in. Thanks Mud.

I sent both of these in and they made them work. Put new hinges on and all new insides. They didn't overclean them either, there is still a little dirt in the tight areas. They are now our everyday lighters. The white one is mine, still kinda rusty. People make fun of it and I tell them I dug it up, then all of the sudden it becomes interesting to them?

zippos.jpg

Hey! You all remember when brother rbstoops found that Zippo in a creek back in Aug? His find jogged my memory... I knew I had one around here that I found a few years ago in the water at a boatramp, so I dug it out of the junk jar and sent it in just to see if their Lifetime guarantee was meaningful...

Well, they sent me this one back today! It was easy, you print a return form off their website, fill it out, and send it in...They stayed in touch via Email all the way through the process...(Hey, we got it, hey we are working on it, hey, we sent out a new one) they sorrowfully noted that the one I sent in could not be repaired, and they hope this one will suit my needs appropriately...It does! Hurray for Zippo! You gotta love that!

So here I am, down in the basement, flicking it on and smelling that wonderful lighter fluid, looking into the flame, and listening to the unmistakable crisp click of the cover...Cool as heck!!
Mud

How long did it take to receive yours? I sent mine off right before Labor Day. I haven't got any emails but I haven't been checking my spam folder. I forgot about sending in.

Back
Top Bottom