How do I get in touch with New England Detectors???

screwynewy

Elite Member
For the record I've purchased 4 detectors from NED and 3 out of 4 of the transactions were outstanding and the fourth one was delayed due to a manufacturing shortage. However lately I've noticed that they are harder and harder to get in touch with a person. You can't get a NED employee on the phone. If you send them an email and I don't get a response. Send a PM and again no response. There phone system is down and their website is broken. So now I make a public thread and magically I'll get a response from someone at NED saying that all I had to do was email them and they will respond :?::?::?:

It is not my intention to start a NED bashing thread (there are already enough of those). I just want to talk to someone at NED for a simple request.

I dealt with another great forum sponsor several times in the past who pulled this same !!!!. They slowly went south until finally enough people complained and they got the boot. I am tired of seeing people getting mistreated by NED. If a complaint is truly warranted I applaud you for making a public service announcement to the forum. Good luck with the outcome of your transaction and hopefully NED will soon be a thing of the past.

I must say, I tried to do business with them, but was unable to. The 1st time I called, I got a live person, but she had to take a message. 3 days passed and I never got a call back.

2-3 call back attempts all resulted in voice mail so I gave up. Not the type of place I can do business with.

Apparently not.

Not looking into getting into drama as NED has been good to me but he hangs out on the below forum.

http://detectingamerica.us/detectin...help-me-get-touch-andrew-ned-2.html#post14135

Apparently he is MIA there as well. By the looks of Zulu6 last message Andrew is nowhere to be found. I know sponsors are the things that keep these forums going but in my opinion the fact that he is allowed to still be a sponsor here and potentially screw others is wrong. I know for me if I look at a forum sponsor I already have let my guard down so to speak assuming (yes I know what they say about assuming) that the sponsor is ok. I am seeing those that once defended Andrew without hesitation now taking steps back and reevaluating their stance.

Hope you can finally reach him and get what your after.

SD

All i can tell you is "Good luck". No idea what happened? But you couldn't even call it phone tag. Maybe he's having hard times or something? I learned not to recommend my friends to try them any longer:no:

Makes sense

Most sponsors pay up a few months in advance, so until the money runs out ...

That about sums it up!

That makes sense, Carol and Vlad both seem to be very good people, that's why I thought it was strange that they were still allowed to be associated with this site.
It's nothing personal against NED and wish him the best, but there's a time to step up and own your mistakes and not continue to blame everyone else for your shortcomings like vendors being out or people using the wrong method to contact. If your in business there is no wrong method for contacting, just be grateful they considered you enough to try.

SD

We've emailed Andrew to find out what's going on.

He replied to Vlad that he has been gone for the last month and a half.

He did not respond to my email.

His banner expires July 8th.

I hope things work out for NED but based on how the customer service has been lately it will be hard for their customers to just forget about it. Seems like they ran a really good business for a long time. Maybe Andrew can turn it around.

He replied to Vlad that he has been gone for the last month and a half.

LOL Yeah, we knew that, that was why people have been wondering why he doesn't respond or fulfill orders that have already been made.

I'm sorry my post didn't help, but I don't have any answers.

I feel bad that it has come to this.

Not only does he hurt his reputation, but he hurts ours as well.

You are exactly right Carol. I have been wondering for some time now why NED has been allowed to continue on as a sponsor here after giving so many members the run around. Hopefully that will end after July 8th. :no:

It's because of this rule:

- Sponsors are responsible for their sales and customer service.

We don't have anything to do with this. All we can do is contact them and try to find out what's going on.

I should have said @him :)

You and Vlad have done a great job with FMDF :yes: Most of us know that you can't control what a sponsor does. I do know that being a sponsor here is a privilege with all things considered. Some people know how to give customer satisfaction instead of excuses, some don't.

Anyway Miss Carol, my post wasn't meant as a slam on you. :D

It's really too bad it has come to this. I purchased 3 machines ( Excalibur, DFPI & a GT ) from Andrew in 10 months and nobody could come close to his prices, nobody.

My next three transactions were like I was dealing with a different person. So many excuses and than no more communications. All the problems already mentioned and than some. Credit card charged but no product. I was fortunate enough to finally get my card credited and canceled another order.

The worst part is that he says he's tired of all the drama and us crybabies, we're the problem. It's to bad he can't even admit that HE'S the problem.

If he only employed someone at the store full time a lot of these problems never would have happened. IMHO

I had issues with NED over 2 years ago, posted then about how it was a piss poor run business, and caught flack over it...I was right all along:yes:

He has been gone for the last month and a half. We are not seeing all of this story. Probably something personal on Andrew's part.

-We had the usual mad rush with spring orders, prices go up, orders go up.

-This was compounded by extremely strong demand for Garrett Propointers and ATPros caused by all the digger episodes aired since February.

-Gone are the rep FMDF member(s) that used to take orders for him. Bigboar, was there another one?

-Gone is Andrew himself. He used to post on this forum adamantly, and defend himself when people would complain, and more importantly fix any problems.

Maybe he just had enough of the rush, so he went to the Caymans for two months? Or is real name is Edward Snowden? LOL

He had problems with Garrett filling his orders. Maybe Garrett caught on that he was selling stuff so cheap and blackballed him. Then he said to heck with it and stopped taking orders?

There is no excuse for running a business like this, but I doubt he is even taking orders right now, it is just the ones just prior to his departure that are complaining.

yep

I had issues with NED over 2 years ago, posted then about how it was a piss poor run business, and caught flack over it...I was right all along:yes:

Me too my friend. Had a major issue with him and how he treated me phone call and email. I posted a rant on here and he fired back within minutes. Than everyone back then was on his side saying this and that. Slowly after, he has been going down hill so I feel the same way.
Now people are openly saying on here this and that about Ned and everyone is agreeing :) weird I tell ya just weird. lol NOT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom