AT Pro Vs AT GOLD??? HELP...

Madcitydiggers

I Have a AT pro now and looking for a second machine... I upgraded to the at pro from a ACE 350 and glad i did. and now i'm looking for a back up machine. since i sold my 350. looking into the GOLD. but want to know whats better ABOUT THE GOLD THEN THE PRO???? Im not a prospector so just relics, coins and beaches. is this unit deeper or the same as the PRO. some say deeper on the low end but same or worst for deepth on the high end.. is disc 1 and 2 better or worse then PRO. How do they compare side by side???? or just get another AT PRO? thanks for any help as i want to buy soon. Jerry

Granted I have zero hands on experience with either of these machines, so my recommendation comes from all the reading I've done, but in my opinion if you're just looking for relics and coins, you might as well get another AT PRO or maybe look at different brand of detector with comparable capabilities, of which there are plenty of options. The AT Gold is really geared for finding small gold nuggets, so has a different frequency, threshold ability, and different presets. Although I've read that it works just fine for relic hunting a coin hunting and may offer a few pluses in regards to small targets, the AT PRO is better designed for those types of hunting with specific settings to aid in the hunt. Best of luck in your decision. I'd be happy to have one of those two detectors let alone be able to consider getting a backup! :lol:

PS. These two detectors have been compared before as well as to other detectors, so you might try doing a forum search for those detectors.

Personally, I would look into another brand if I were to buy another comparable md as a backup to the At Pro. Maybe Minelab 705, Whites M6, Tesoro Vaquero (or one of their other mid price range mds), ect.

I'm really starting to love my AT GOLD , I already have a dedicated beach machine and a back up ace 250. I've been posting like a mad man about the "red hot AT GOLD" :shrug: I like how you can set the threshold and just listen for the whisper deep targets. Ill probably be making another video on tomorrow's hunt take a look and happy hunting to all!

I'm really starting to love my AT GOLD , I already have a dedicated beach machine and a back up ace 250. I've been posting like a mad man about the "red hot AT GOLD" :shrug: I like how you can set the threshold and just listen for the whisper deep targets. Ill probably be making another video on tomorrow's hunt take a look and happy hunting to all!

How is the gold in trash infested areas, r u able to disc out junk enough, or does it seem like ur digging every little gum wrapper?

How is the gold in trash infested areas, r u able to disc out junk enough, or does it seem like ur digging every little gum wrapper?

I like gold so I'm digging every little gum wrapper :laughing: I can't help it ,but to answer your question you can tell its garbage foil , gum wrapper. You can set the iron disc as high as you feel the need. Personally I do not hunt in anything but all metal and I ground balance all the time. Sometime ill switch to disc 1 just to hear the sweet spot when trying to pin point, but quickly revert back to all metal. Hope this helps you guys out.

Garrett themselves admit and state that the AT Gold is not for beach hunting. The OP listed beaches in his post.

If you have an AT Pro already, get a different type of machine, like a multi-frequency DFX/CZ3D/Sov XS2apro/etc. Then you will have a machine that will handle tough ground better, and will work at saltwater beaches if you ever get a chance to hunt one.

The AT Gold has a bit higher frequency and a true all metal mode the will give it a bit more depth. Very good on relics due to the higher frequency!

Holler if you have more questions! Love to help you!

I'm doing fresh water beach since I live in WI. I just trying to find out is there any air tests done on these units. Sorry but kinda want the same kinda unit so my wife can go. And swap coils with. Is the gold deeper or the same. Thx all.

I'm doing fresh water beach since I live in WI. I just trying to find out is there any air tests done on these units. Sorry but kinda want the same kinda unit so my wife can go. And swap coils with. Is the gold deeper or the same. Thx all.

Here ya go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL0YhMpFwas

I have a at-pro & etrac, my next purchase will be the at-gold...:grin:

I Have a AT pro now and looking for a second machine... I upgraded to the at pro from a ACE 350 and glad i did. and now i'm looking for a back up machine. since i sold my 350. looking into the GOLD. but want to know whats better ABOUT THE GOLD THEN THE PRO???? Im not a prospector so just relics, coins and beaches. is this unit deeper or the same as the PRO. some say deeper on the low end but same or worst for deepth on the high end.. is disc 1 and 2 better or worse then PRO. How do they compare side by side???? or just get another AT PRO? thanks for any help as i want to buy soon. Jerry

I have both and use the gold for mainly water hunting and prospecting and pro for coinshooting. The gold is definitely a deeper seeking unit if you run in all metal and is aided in that with the ability to use a threshold.

The at pro has more functionallity for coins...being able to notch out areas is very helpful at times. Although the gold works just fine for coins too...deeper but you have to have knowledge of vdi #s for pulling targets. If I am in a dig everything above iron mood I will grab the gold and end up pulling a variety of relics coins and jewelry items.

good luck with your choice!!

Back
Top Bottom