Advice for my "OLD Man"

E21cec

Folks,

I just picked up a Garrett ACE 350 and it's been working great....

I'm looking for some advice to help my father find a detector for his needs... He use to detect back in the 80s-90s with a Garrett Master Hunter. Now he would like to find some new inexpensive technology... He's more of a coin hunter and wants something he can throw in his truck from time to time.

My dad like the ACE but we are thinking the display may be too small for his viewing. I was looking at the F2 wondering if it would be better for him. His vision isn't too bad but he does like wearing glasses.

I'm from southeastern PA by Delaware/Maryland and I don't know anyone who has one locally.

His price range would be about $200.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks
MIKE

As you already suspected, the F2 would be right up your fathers alley. Fits the price range, ease of use and has a nice size VDI display.

F2 or Whites Coinmaster both have a better display well just easier to read. Fisher has Large target ID number & Whites has a large arrow for ID.
Call if I can help. Thanks! phil

I agree with the F2. Nice easy to read display and you can't beat the performance for the money. Give Bart at Big Boys Hobbies a call, he will treat you good!

Good luck!

Shawn

Thanks everyone. I'm checking the whites and f2.

Thanks a bunch
Mike

Ended up picking up an F2. Was up at a birthday party about 1.5hrs from home and found a local on Craigslist sell a detector, digger, and pin pointer for $125.

Thanks again everyone

Ended up picking up an F2. Was up at a birthday party about 1.5hrs from home and found a local on Craigslist sell a detector, digger, and pin pointer for $125.

Thanks again everyone

HECK of a deal!!

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!

22728_10152223142160635_925608420_n.jpg

Folks,

I'm looking for some advice to help my father find a detector for his needs... He use to detect back in the 80s-90s with a Garrett Master Hunter. Now he would like to find some new inexpensive technology...

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks
MIKE

Once a Garrett owner, always a Garrett owner. He knows what it is like to be an "audio" hunter, being from that era. Tough choice as there are good ones to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom