• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Loser became a winner !

Chipk

Elite Member
My poker club had our Christmas party tonight combined with our weekly tournament. There were two prizes offered to the “losers”. The first person eliminated and the “bubble player” which is the last person who loses just before the “money table”. We were playing Texas Hold’em.

Well I started out ok and won a few decent pots and then I had a King and 3 of hearts and flopped a pair of Kings and had 4 hearts. I also had a straight draw to the King. The last card was the 2 of Hearts which gave me a very high flush, King high. Reviewing the cards I realized only the ace of hearts could beat me and the player would have to have 2 hearts down to beat me. The only surviving player bet 300 and I bet all in.

He quickly called.

I knew before he flipped his cards he had 2 hearts like me. And one was the Ace.

Sure enough. He had the Ace and 2 of hearts. Had the last card not been a heart I would have won. But that’s poker.

Anyway I was the first to be eliminated and I picked one of the wrapped boxes and opened it. Inside was a neat bracelet with 5 Mercury dimes in it. There was also a pendant made of a cut out Merc.

My wife has claimed both

Took a lot of the sting away. And much easier than having to dig them.

Attachments

• 50919A2D-297B-4FF0-9186-D7046B77113D.jpg
    50919A2D-297B-4FF0-9186-D7046B77113D.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 085F960E-32DA-41D0-B995-B53A08B88599.jpg
    085F960E-32DA-41D0-B995-B53A08B88599.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 283
I wish I had a nice bracelet for everytime I've lost to the nut flush. Sounds like you play with a real classy bunch of poker players. Cool!

Nice prize for being bumped out of the money!
I play as well, usually a few times a month, getting bumped out on a hand like that hurts. In my last game i was dealt pocket A's, flop came QQ something, a few big bets so i figured someone had trip queens and called hoping for another A. Turn was junk and the pot grew more, I called. River was A, everyone still betting nicely, i raised to almost the pot and got two calls. Gotta love it when a hand like that hits...

Sweet send me my prize [emoji48][emoji41]

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Wow! That's sharp! Your poker club sounds like a lot of fun, Iv'e been playing online for years now but I miss the fun of sitting in at live tables. To be honest I'd rather go out like you did playing your cards correctly than ending up on the bubble. I can't tell you how many times Iv'e been the Bubble boy and it feels rotten every time. Congrats on that nice prize!

Sweet send me my prize [emoji48][emoji41]

When I read the title, I thought he was talking about you too! :laughing:

OP, I like a good poker game, too, but Hold-em hurts. I always get the bad beat, but no prize. Congrats on the beautiful Merc set!

Revenge is sweet

The group I play with is indeed as commented a great group. Wonderful friendly people and excellent poker players.

We all pay into a pot and we play for 12 weeks and you earn points for your placement each week plus bonus points for being in the top 3 of each game, highest hand and collecting a bounty for eliminating the previous week’s winner.

After 12 weeks we throw a big party and the top 8players then play for all the accumulated money. The competition is fierce.

Well I was close to making the top 8 but I needed points badly. Being beaten like I did was not helpful.

Because of the holidays we played back to back nights and last night was the 12th and I didn’t have a chance but went to play anyway. But when I looked at the standings I was in 8th place. It seems an error a month ago was caught.

However I was barely ahead of about 10 players including the guy who knocked me out the night before. So I had to finish higher than these people and they are all sharks.

Started out badly. A couple of hands didn’t materialize and I was barely edged out on 2 others. Most of my chips went to the guy I desperately wanted to beat.

At the first break I was barely still in the game and several kibitzers were discussing the players and I heard them say I was a goner. But I hung tough and slaowly built my stash back. Two hours later I had eliminated everybody but the best player in the group. 5 minutes later I had all of his chips and made my place in next week’s money game.

When I read the title, I thought he was talking about you too! :laughing:

OP, I like a good poker game, too, but Hold-em hurts. I always get the bad beat, but no prize. Congrats on the beautiful Merc set!

Glad I’m not the only one [emoji28][emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom