Oh how they like to tease me and Dicks recovery

Kapi

Forum Supporter
This is the latest surf forecast for the upcoming 10 days. Almost always as it get's closer to the actual date the wave size comes way down. I think they like to tease me! The actual wave size will depend on what the hurricane does. :) We shall see!

On a happy note Dick is recovering well after his double knee replacement. Instead of being at the rehab place for two weeks he's recovering so nicely they may be sending him home tomorrow or Wednesday. He's having problems sleeping since his surgery which was expected and today his pain level was up higher than normal but overall he's doing well.

Once he's home he'll be able to see your posts to him. I told him about them on the phone and he was super happy to hear that you guys cared. It means a lot.

Attachments

• If only.jpg
    If only.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 318
My bet is they send him home with Percocet for the pain. Make sure he drinks plenty of liquids to offset the possibility of constipation that comes with any opioid. Suggest prune juice if he develops issues. Tell 'em aquaman wants him back cleaning the beach ASAP!

Oh, and get used to mother nature not cooperating with your MD schedule Kapidr:grin:

Hopefully we will get some heavy winds over here on the other side of the island to push that red tide over to Mexico.:laughing:

When I lived near Hugenot I watched those sites showing waves and they always failed to produce the large waves predicted. Larry and I watched 12 foot waves predicted go to 6 foot waves too often. Even then, nor easters and other storms usually pushed sand UP the beach and dragged sand from the dunes failing to make cuts or troughs. Best hunting conditions were after many days of 1 foot waves. The small waves pull sand out off the wet slope. It is the opposite as what you would expect but my best hunting was always after small waves.

Back
Top Bottom