Tigershark for Delaware beaches?

DetectorOCD

Elite Member
Do any of you use a TS on the beaches of Delaware? I may move there later this year and I'd prefer to stay with a Tesoro in the water. Is the Sand shark an option? I'm not sure if a PI can survive there or not. I'd prefer the Tiger though for trashy lakes, but only if it can handle the beaches there.

Thanks!

If you want one detector that can handle salt sand and has discrimination you are looking at CZ-21 (dual freq. VLF), Excal (Minelab BBS multi-freq VLF), or Beach Hunter 300 (dual freq. VLF).

Sand Shark is a PI machine just like White's Dual Field or a Garret Infinium or Sea Hunter. PI machines have no true discrimination like the VLF machines above.

I'm pretty sure a lot of those old East Coast beaches have tons of iron and you have to know where you are going to use a PI, but I'll leave that for those guys.

Sorry, not trying to sound like a smarty pants. The bottom line is you would need a PI machine (SS) for saltwater sand, then a VLF disc. unit (TS) for freshwater and land. The price of those adds up to a new CZ-21.

I love Tesoros as well, but they desperately need to build a competitor for CZ-21.

If you are going to hunt in the water a PI machine can be used with great success. If you intend to hunt the sand a PI will drive you insane after a while. I have never used a Tesoro. I don't know much about them.

Thanks, but as I said I am looking to stick with a Tesoro and I only have two choices lol

By limiting yourself to one brand is crazy... if those delaware beaches are loaded with iron you will waste your time beach hunting... first off the Tiger Shark is a freshwater machine it does not like salt... the Sand Shark would be fine in the saltwater or wet sand unless its iron infested... you should look into a multi-frequency machine that will handle the salt and minerals especially if those beaches are loaded with ferrous targets... Find yourself a nice Minelab Sov GT or Excalibur.

It's your money, I'm not going how tell you how to spend it. You do want to spend it wisely, don't you? You are looking for a detector that handles BOTH salt water beaches and fresh water beaches? What are your primary targets? Small gold jewelry perhaps? If this is one of your primary targets, then you've just narrowed down your choice to a non-VLF detector for the wet salt sand/water as VLFs in those conditions are small gold dead. Remember your Salt 101 Training? Salt water is a highly conductive mineral. It's in the same range as foil which we all know is in the same range as small gold jewelry. Eliminate salt water signal you eliminate foil signal. Eliminate foil signal eliminate small gold. Therefore, small gold becomes "invisible" to a VLF and is passed over. That one fact makes it an easier process to select a detector for the salt water - wet salt sand beaches. You won't be frustrated or disappointed. Pulse detector for the salt water beaches? Hmmm.

If you want one detector that can handle salt sand and has discrimination you are looking at CZ-21 (dual freq. VLF), Excal (Minelab BBS multi-freq VLF), or Beach Hunter 300 (dual freq. VLF).

Sand Shark is a PI machine just like White's Dual Field or a Garret Infinium or Sea Hunter. PI machines have no true discrimination like the VLF machines above.

I'm pretty sure a lot of those old East Coast beaches have tons of iron and you have to know where you are going to use a PI, but I'll leave that for those guys.

Can you give me any manufacturer's specific quotes stating any of these machines are specifically designed for salt water usage? I'm having a difficult time with that one.

I guess what I'm saying guys is ARE DE beaches loaded with iron or highly mineralized? I have the budget for a TS or SS. I can't spend money on a multi frequency machine. I am aware of the limitations of single frequency VLFs and PIs.

Thanks!

:cool:

Either way it doesn't matter because I can't afford it due to financial limitations, but if work improves, down the road I'd be interested.

Thanks again

I guess what I'm saying guys is ARE DE beaches loaded with iron or highly mineralized? I have the budget for a TS or SS. I can't spend money on a multi frequency machine. I am aware of the limitations of single frequency VLFs and PIs.

Thanks!

:cool:

If the TS and the SS are your ONLY two options, then go with the SS.

Ok, if it makes a diff you can get a new Beach hunter 300 for around $800 but you have to get a one-on-one price quote from a dealer due to White's rules. Used for less, but get it from a trusted source, the people who buy Beach Hunters seem to work them hard from what I've seen for sale. I got a used BHID for $375.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom