Strap for AT Pro - slight handicap

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for a strap on the AT Pro. As some may know, I have lost the use of two of my fingers on my right hand and I am right handed. I am attempting to make a first trip this year since my injury and grasping the detector is hard enough. I can't use the etrac because of it's bulkiness and weight, but the AT Pro is just barely usable.

My issue is that when I set the machine down against the ground it is hard for me to get back up because I can't use my middle and ring fingers on my dominant hand. Is there a way (besides rope) to tie a strap to it that I can put around my neck or something to make it easier to carry and pick up?

Thanks

Don't know if this would help but could you try a guitar strap, to sling it over your shoulder like a guitar?

Another option (I don't know if you have your fingers remaining or if they are gone) is to get a thicker pair of gloves and put them on and then get someone to duct tape them with the middle fingers curved but with enough space that you could get the handle in between them, but as its duct tape should give for you to hold the digger.

Fingers are there but the tendons are gone. This makes the fingers unmovable and they are always straight out, no bending. :( And I am one of those with the pinky finger being tied in to the ring finger so the pinky finger needs to be trained to bend separately and independently from the ring finger. That will take months of rehab/PT.

Like the guitar strap idea! I didn't think of that, I could drill in some eyelets to the upper shaft and clip on a guitar strap! That would make it adjustable too. Thanks!

Have you checked into Docs ultra swingy thingy or the other model ??

The bungee is perfect tension and easily adjustable for length. I can lay the machine down attached and dig easily.

As light as the ATP is you could easily just stand back up attached.

Fingers are there but the tendons are gone. This makes the fingers unmovable and they are always straight out, no bending. :( And I am one of those with the pinky finger being tied in to the ring finger so the pinky finger needs to be trained to bend separately and independently from the ring finger. That will take months of rehab/PT.

Like the guitar strap idea! I didn't think of that, I could drill in some eyelets to the upper shaft and clip on a guitar strap! That would make it adjustable too. Thanks!

When my right arm muscle was torn and they reattatched it, it took a year to get over it and I have these cyborg arm straps, but it was the opposite, my fingers closed but wouldn't open so the wires forced them open.

I think also if you have a left handed strap holder it might help you to learn to swing left handed

Possibly go to a small engine place or someplace that carries Weed Trimmers. They make exactly what you are talking about. A strap that goes over your head and one arm and supports the (weed trimmer/Metal detector) in a neutral position depending on where you attach it. Hope this helps man. Sorry to hear about the fingers. Ive almost lost two of mine in the past. One almost cut off skinning a deer (some nerve damage) and the other crushed under a metal dock plate and the floor of a semi trailer. Two surgeries for that one. I wish you the best of luck in the future and may you find enough "goodies" make you feel a little bit better about your injury. Keep us posted with what you use. Provide a picture. Heck, who knows when one of us will use your invention.

I too am disabled and need a sling for the weight of my CXIII there is a guy on Ebay that sells slings for $25 and I like his design. I am going to order one and I will post a review after I give it a run or two.

Looking at the detecting buddy now. Seems okay, but I tend to get the feeling that it might hinder more than help. I mean sure it will help with balance and take the weight off a bit, but it didn't look like it was adjustable for longer arms, machines, etc. The nylon looked like one piece, maybe I saw it wrong.

$25.00 is about the price of a good guitar strap. I am going to swing this weekend strap free and order the buddy soon I think to give it a whirl.

Back
Top Bottom