Ascend To The "APEX" (Garrett)

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• apex.jpg
    apex.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,046
Looking forward to seeing what this machine is all about. Friday May 15th is circled on my calendar for sure. Lightweight and rechargeable that's a good start!

I thought they was going for a new at series. Didn’t know it’s an ace 250 replacement. Wonder how much it will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love to buy a USA made machine as light and as capable as my Deus...come on Garrett, make it happen.

Love to buy a USA made machine as light and as capable as my Deus...come on Garrett, make it happen.

They compared it to an ace 250 don’t get your hopes up lol deus is a different league

Btw that is a terrible video.

He doesn’t cut a plug, just pries it out.

Leaves the shovel in while pin pointing.

And the acting was a F-

I love American made but seriously?

Yeah, not impressed. I'm disappointed with the fact that it "doesn't use batteries." I assume this means the battery is built-in. But if it's waterproof, I guess I can live with the lack of easily user-replaceable batteries.

I thought they was going for a new at series. Didn’t know it’s an ace 250 replacement. Wonder how much it will cost?

I would guess less than the Ace 300, right? So maybe $200?

Btw that is a terrible video.

He doesn’t cut a plug, just pries it out.

Leaves the shovel in while pin pointing.

And the acting was a F-

I love American made but seriously?

I didnt notice that, but I did notice the cuff was dangling from his arm, indicating he had a death grip on the detector and trying to steer and drive it with his fist, lol. Not sure if that kid ever swung a detector before.

I didnt notice that, but I did notice the cuff was dangling from his arm, indicating he had a death grip on the detector and trying to steer and drive it with his fist, lol. Not sure if that kid ever swung a detector before.

He can't swing a detector and he can't act. I wonder what he can do?

To be fair, the director might have told him not to detect properly for easier editing and better flow of the "story."

It was a very cheesy clip (in my opinion), but I could say the same think about the one for the Vanquish. And to be honest, I think Minelab's was worse because they probably put more time and money into it.

Must be geared to someone who knows nothing about detecting. Certainly not a detector for experienced users. The ad is ridiculous.

The name APEX alone tells me it will be their new flagship. All the cockle doodle doo on this forum about an ACE 250 in the vid is laughable. I think the ACE line gets phased out and the AT series will be more of their beginner/mid range detector. Much like Nokta did with the Racers. We'll see. Maybe the 400 gets bumped down to their low end detector.

Hopefully the Apex will really be new tech (at least for Garrett) and function a lot better than that teaser add which was really awful and seriously stupid. XP's adds are a work of art, Minelab's adds are ridiculously hyped, Nokta Makro's adds are kind of funny, that add was just plain dumb.

Jeff

The name APEX alone tells me it will be their new flagship. All the cockle doodle doo on this forum about an ACE 250 in the vid is laughable. I think the ACE line gets phased out and the AT series will be more of their beginner/mid range detector. Much like Nokta did with the Racers. We'll see. Maybe the 400 gets bumped down to their low end detector.

I hope you're right, but the name isn't enough to determine what will be their flagship in my opinion.

Take the name, "Vanquish." It can "vanquish" all other models. That implies it's the best, right? Or at least better than an "Equinox," don't you think?

If the AT series becomes the new beginner/mid range detector, will that be done by merely a price change or will the line get at least a cosmetic update?

The Vanquish was specifically designed to "vanquish" the Garrett Ace series, the Whites Treasure series, all of the entry level FTP detectors and the Simplex. Whether it does or doesn't is up for discussion. No way was Minelab intending to "vanquish" the Equinox by bringing out the Vanquish.......

Naming the new Garrett detector Apex does create a lot of expectation which is just what Garrett wants.

Good name, super dumb, un-apex-like advertisement.

Jeff

The Vanquish was specifically designed to "vanquish" the Garrett Ace series, the Whites Treasure series, all of the entry level FTP detectors and the Simplex. Whether it does or doesn't is up for discussion. No way was Minelab intending to "vanquish" the Equinox by bringing out the Vanquish.......

Naming the new Garrett detector Apex does create a lot of expectation which is just what Garrett wants.

Jeff

Vanquish was designed and marketed as a coming machine before the simplex was announced .So no, vanquish wasn't made to compete with simplex.
Apex means the top,So I believe it’ll be a good machine,Garrett always produces quality imo

Last edited:

Jeff

I agree 100%. The "vanquishing" was to be against non-Minelab units. But the prior poster's logic is a little different in that the Apex is to be the "apex" of Garrett machines, hence it being the new flagship machine.

I'm not saying he's wrong, but I was curious as to what his reasoning was, given how it seems to be different from Minelab.

Back
Top Bottom