Another deal on Craigslist, is it good?

chihuahua5

Forum Supporter
Beach Experts...I'm here again with an ad, need your opinions. Might remember my old thread:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=174428

but He never got back to me. Found another one, much older machine, but I'm just looking for something to mess around with in knee deep or so water and don't want to spend a ton, (just every once in a while, I'm a dry sand hunter mostly) They emailed me and said he'd go down to a $100...I think its worth it IF it checks out good on a land test
:?:

http://mcallen.en.craigslist.org/spo/4378927277.html

What say ya'll ? Thanks for your time

That is an old buzzard... you know there are no headphones with it right? It employs a flapper that vibrates...

I'm a sucker for rare machines, and he says or best offer so I would probably offer $100 or something. It's not like normal detectors, it's more of a BFO machine, so you are listening to a clicking and when the clicking gets faster there is a target.

Seems to get pretty good depth though.

I'd try to find something newer, that's OLD. For a few bucks more buy a used CZ or Sov, unless you need a waterproof detector.

That is an old buzzard... you know there are no headphones with it right? It employs a flapper that vibrates...

OMG...no, I didn't! :laughing: So, I'll be listening to a vibrating sound, not a hum or beep, per say? Will it be too hard to hear/feel a signal in the surf with no headphones?

He says he'll take a $100, but I wouldn't even want to spend that if you guys don't think its worth it?

OMG...no, I didn't! :laughing: So, I'll be listening to a vibrating sound, not a hum or beep, per say? Will it be too hard to hear/feel a signal in the surf with no headphones?

He says he'll take a $100, but I wouldn't even want to spend that if you guys don't think its worth it?

haha it's more something you'd hang on your wall or collect than use. What type batteries does it even take? It's not worth it, I'd save up and get something better if you plan to detect beaches. I doubt it's even reliable or waterproof anymore, I'm sure the gaskets are dry rotted and I don't even know if you could find replacements anymore. You're much better off getting something newer.

That's a wall hanger, not a swinger. I wouldn't trust the cables or seals to still be any good. If it works now, putting it in the water without a full reconditioning could ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom