1st gold ring for the year!!

Cupajo

Elite Member
Brisk south wind, temps in the low 60s, water at 42 degrees wave action a little too rough for comfortable hunting, but Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and this Ole Hunter were long overdue a hunt!!! :yes:

The last time out I found a spot with thinning of the sand over stony sub-strata and wanted to follow up on my hunch that there might just be a "golden keeper" waiting for me there.

Roughly an hour of struggling with increasing wave action and there were 12 recovered targets in my pouch when I struck gold!!! 18Grams of 10K to get the '14 year rolling.

The school info is worn away from the 1965 ring so I guess I was right---I got myself a "keeper"!!:D

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Attachments

• 4-10-14  Finds 002.jpg
    4-10-14 Finds 002.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 291
Let me be the first to congratulate my Mentor on his first gold of the year. Now that the weather is warming up there's no doubt you'll get back in the groove and be on a roll. WTG partner.

Great hunt man thats a nice chunk of yellow for sure.That south wind was crankin pretty good today must have been pretty ruff on your side of the sound...Congrats

Let me be the first to congratulate my Mentor on his first gold of the year. Now that the weather is warming up there's no doubt you'll get back in the groove and be on a roll. WTG partner.

Thanks Frank!! There have been only 2 hunters I have nudged into the hobby and both have done very well!!

I take pleasure in having had a small part in their success as treasure hunters.

You are both "naturals"!!!:yes:

My only problem with mentoring is that I now have lots less gold to find!!!:D

GL&HH Pal,

CJ

Nice old class ring. 65 was a good year....for you! :laughing: Congrats on the ice thaw and some nice yellow!

Rings huge. Nice hunk of gold, an history. Thanks for sharing. hh an gl -Joe

Brisk south wind, temps in the low 60s, water at 42 degrees wave action a little too rough for comfortable hunting, but Mr. Dual Field, Diablo and this Ole Hunter were long overdue a hunt!!! :yes:

The last time out I found a spot with thinning of the sand over stony sub-strata and wanted to follow up on my hunch that there might just be a "golden keeper" waiting for me there.

Roughly an hour of struggling with increasing wave action and there were 12 recovered targets in my pouch when I struck gold!!! 18Grams of 10K to get the '14 year rolling.

The school info is worn away from the 1965 ring so I guess I was right---I got myself a "keeper"!!:D

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Congrats on that nice gold nameless keeper. : ) I can't wait until I can post MY first gold of the season. I'm trying hard, but nothing so far. Good luck on future hunts.

:dingding: Now get out there and get the next one! ;)

Nice work! First gold of the year...I have a feeling it's going to be far from your last though...always looking forward to your posts. :yes::yes::yes:

Back
Top Bottom