New Simplex Coils

I’m getting the elliptical
The simplex already separates really well with the big coil, the little one will be a killer in iron

The 8.5" coil is impressive, looks like it will be my go to coil. Approaches air test depth of the 11" coil.

The 9.5x5" has somewhat less air test depth than the 8.5 due to its shape. But, should be right at home in very very trashy areas.

Both coils stable indoors at max gain with the Simplex 2.77 update. Almost dead quiet at 5 bars gain. With just a little bit of depth loss.

All metal mode almost as deep as Park 1 and beach modes. All modes seem more defined.

Field testing in the soil Sunday, no freshly buried coins will be used.

Build quality is the same as the coils for Nokta/Makros other detectors. They did not cheap out on the Simplex coils.

I think you'll find the Simplex with these coils will be more than you expect.

Now if we can just get Nokta to make a 5" round DD coil......

The 8.5" coil is impressive, looks like it will be my go to coil. Approaches air test depth of the 11" coil.

The 9.5x5" has somewhat less air test depth than the 8.5 due to its shape. But, should be right at home in very very trashy areas.

Both coils stable indoors at max gain with the Simplex 2.77 update. Almost dead quiet at 5 bars gain. With just a little bit of depth loss.

All metal mode almost as deep as Park 1 and beach modes. All modes seem more defined.

Field testing in the soil Sunday, no freshly buried coins will be used.

Build quality is the same as the coils for Nokta/Makros other detectors. They did not cheap out on the Simplex coils.

I think you'll find the Simplex with these coils will be more than you expect.

Now if we can just get Nokta to make a 5" round DD coil......

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing how the 9.5 x 5 works for you. Hoping this will be a good option for clad hunting in trashy parks. Hopefully we’ll see them available here soon.

MuddyMo: said:
Thanks Sven. I'd like to see a concentric cool for it.
As would I and some others, but Nokta / Makro have announced before that they couldn't get a Concentric coil to function well with the Simplex + software so just expect DD coils.

I would personally like to see a good, round-shaped coil somewhere in the 5" to 7" diameter size, and I guess only time will tell. What we have coming now ought to be a good start on accessory coils because I know most typical Hobbyists are not going to use an 11" round coil all that often. There's just too much trash in so many 'average' or 'typical' hunt sites making a smaller to mid-size coil more desirable.

Monte

I’m looking to do a single carbon fiber shaft within the middle of the stock one to stiffen it. We’ll see how it goes.

I saw their videos about the longer middle shaft, carbon fiber lower shaft and even a “free” plug for stiffening the end of the stock lower shaft they are releasing. Nokta’s attention and response to their customers is quite amazing I think. Very admirable.

The longer middle shaft I ordered arrived yesterday. I'm pretty happy with how it stiffened up the entire shaft, don't feel like I need to do anything else with it at this point.

Now if I could just decide on which new coil to order...

The longer middle shaft I ordered arrived yesterday. I'm pretty happy with how it stiffened up the entire shaft, don't feel like I need to do anything else with it at this point.

Now if I could just decide on which new coil to order...

Have you actually seen them in stock anywhere yet?

Attachments

• IMG_20200721_162340363.jpg
    IMG_20200721_162340363.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 285
I would personally like to see a good, round-shaped coil somewhere in the 5" to 7" diameter size, and I guess only time will tell.

I'd bet that if these two new coils sell well and enough people request a "sniper" coil...Nokta would produce one. Seems they do really well to accommodate their customers best that they can.

I'd bet that if these two new coils sell well and enough people request a "sniper" coil...Nokta would produce one. Seems they do really well to accommodate their customers best that they can.

I ordered the 9.5 x 5 coil today. Hoping it gets here before the weekend. :D

That's the key "having enough people to request the 5" round coil". Dilek said they would make them.

That's the key "having enough people to request the 5" round coil". Dilek said they would make them.

Dilek said if they had enough requests for a smaller-size coil they would work on it, but it might not be a 5" DD which is what I was hoping for. Who knows what they will end up making that will work on the Simplex +, but if it is a round-shaped coil of about 5" or 6", give-or-take a little, that should make a lot of us pleased.

I know they have read my request numerous times! If YOU folks want a smaller-size coil, please, let your request be heard.

Monte

Dilek said if they had enough requests for a smaller-size coil they would work on it, but it might not be a 5" DD which is what I was hoping for. Who knows what they will end up making that will work on the Simplex +, but if it is a round-shaped coil of about 5" or 6", give-or-take a little, that should make a lot of us pleased.

I know they have read my request numerous times! If YOU folks want a smaller-size coil, please, let your request be heard.

Monte

I started a poll on the Nokta Makro Detectors Official Users Group page on facebook if they approve it. So look out for that.

I got my 9.5 x 5 coil in today. I love the size of it. Build quality and finish is excellent. Very sturdy. Comes with mounting hardware and a skid plate just like the stock coil. Going to take it for a spin in the yard after work today. Taking it out to the park this weekend to see how it likes trash. :yes:

Here’s a quick side by side for comparison.

Attachments

• 74ADB68D-05E1-48D1-A38B-B836C436FBE2.jpg
    74ADB68D-05E1-48D1-A38B-B836C436FBE2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Took out the Simplex for a bit last night just around the yard to get a feel for the new coil. Really liking it so far. Was running Park 1 at full sensitivity in V 2.77. First thing noticed is the detector is much quieter. It seems much more focused on what's under the coil than around it. Way less chatter at full sensitivity, even when you lay it down. Target separation is good. I have a few trashy areas in my yard where they used to burn. Was able to identify multiple targets well. I dug several targets just to see what they were and the VDI seems about the same as I would expect for the stock coil. I'll know a little better when I get back to the park this weekend and dig some clad.

I was able to squeak 2 clad cents and a couple of pieces of lead out the back yard. Cents were about 3 inches deep, rang clear with a solid VDI of 70-71. The lead pieces were both at about 7 inches deep. Again, rang clear and had a solid VDI. After digging a few other random targets, I can see the coil is easily picking off targets at 6-7 inches no problem and suspect it will see a bit deeper once I get get it somewhere that deeper targets exist. Swinging the smaller coil is great. I took it back to the tree line and was pushing it around some brush. It is definitely a lot easier to maneuver than the stock coil. I can't wait until fall when I can get back into the woods with it.

Attachments

• lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 144
I started a poll on the Nokta Makro Detectors Official Users Group page on facebook if they approve it. So look out for that.

Guess they didn't approve it...so I started one on the Nokta Makro Simplex+ Users Group. Started two actually...one for a small 5" sniper coil or whatever size is more requested...feel free to add options. And one poll for a larger 15" or larger coil. Figured I'd let them run a couple weeks then show Nokta that there is definitely an interest or no interest in a small/large coil for the Simplex.

Trouble is too many Simplex Facebook groups now. Not everyone belongs to the group you mentioned, they won't see the poll. Best is to email about a Simplex 5" coil directly to the email on the Nokta website. [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom