Garrett Metal Detectors plans to go live on Friday at 09:00 am

Cool. You ever met him or hear anything about him (that we wouldn't get from the mainstream media?)

As for you condemning me, there's no need for that. Burrow had a legendary year. I hate LSU, but Burrow was something else...he was like a god among insects.

Not really on Trask. He was just a guy. King who transferred to UMiami was the starter at that HS. I actually used to live about 2 miles from where that school is. I think he has a chance to be the best qb in the SEC this year.

Burrow was otherworldly last season. That won't happen again in many moon. I used to like Florida because my mom is from there. Then Spurrier. He abused us for years.

edit: at least we both hate the Dawgs :cool:

Not really on Trask. He was just a guy. King who transferred to UMiami was the starter at that HS. I actually used to live about 2 miles from where that school is. I think he has a chance to be the best qb in the SEC this year.

Burrow was otherworldly last season. That won't happen again in many moon. I used to like Florida because my mom is from there. Then Spurrier. He abused us for years.

edit: at least we both hate the Dawgs :cool:

Trask has the potential to be good. I personally think he's just a solid QB, but with a genius offensive mind for a coach (Mullen). I'd love to be wrong. Dunno if we'll find out this season, though...

And yes, UGA...they're only "good" as of late because Florida isn't its usual self.

The Apex is more detector than the Simplex. I think the price is fair.

Might be. But definitely not in the price range I am looking for to add another detector right now AND I don't want to wait until July. For my budget...$300-350 is what I was hoping for MSRP with the expectation of getting is 10-15% less street price.

Now maybe later down the road when/if I'm looking to add a higher priced machine to replace my AT Pro...and the Apex proves itself to be worth the cost...I'll look at it again. The not being waterproof thing is still a huge turn off though. Especially at that price. I'm guessing water proof will be coming with a new AT series machine at $650+ price point.

Might be. But definitely not in the price range I am looking for to add another detector right now AND I don't want to wait until July. For my budget...$300-350 is what I was hoping for MSRP with the expectation of getting is 10-15% less street price.

Now maybe later down the road when/if I'm looking to add a higher priced machine to replace my AT Pro...and the Apex proves itself to be worth the cost...I'll look at it again. The not being waterproof thing is still a huge turn off though. Especially at that price. I'm guessing water proof will be coming with a new AT series machine at $650+ price point.

I get not wanting to wait. 425 bucks is a great price with all the features. But that waiting thing is hard. I truly get that.

Do you creek or river hunt ?

Trask has the potential to be good. I personally think he's just a solid QB, but with a genius offensive mind for a coach (Mullen). I'd love to be wrong. Dunno if we'll find out this season, though...

And yes, UGA...they're only "good" as of late because Florida isn't its usual self.

I think the SEC plays. Might be a shorter schedule but I still think they play. If the California schools don't play, I think you will see some serious college free agency transpiring.

I think the SEC plays. Might be a shorter schedule but I still think they play. If the California schools don't play, I think you will see some serious college free agency transpiring.

Do you think they'll play in fully packed stadiums? Or in empty stadiums?

Also, if they shorten the schedule, I could see them eliminating cross division play. Huh, lucky for LSU this year...;)

Do you think they'll play in fully packed stadiums? Or in empty stadiums?

Also, if they shorten the schedule, I could see them eliminating cross division play. Huh, lucky for LSU this year...;)

I'm for fully packed stadiums but I don't think it will play out like that. LSU has a game vs Texas in Baton Rouge that would likely be cancelled. If cross divisions games are eliminated, imagine the thrill of Mullen not having to face coach O. :cool:

I'm for fully packed stadiums but I don't think it will play out like that. LSU has a game vs Texas in Baton Rouge that would likely be cancelled. If cross divisions games are eliminated, imagine the thrill of Mullen not having to face coach O. :cool:

Your coach is more of a recruiter. Kinda like Ron Zook.

O is much wiser than Zook. O is a CEO type coach.

So his success depends on his assistants? Reminds me of a coach with a similar name as a popular sandwich meat...

Pretty hard to screw up a team when you have Mullen as your OC and Charlie Strong as your DC...

But to be fair, getting that type of talent to work to its potential is a talent in-and-of-itself.

I get not wanting to wait. 425 bucks is a great price with all the features. But that waiting thing is hard. I truly get that.

Do you creek or river hunt ?

I'm pretty new to detecting but yes...I have hit some creeks and plan to do some detecting in the rivers around here as well. Creeks...I can see maybe not needing waterproof...but honestly, I don't want to have to be super careful with my machine. I'd rather be able to just plunk it down in the water and not have to worry. Or not worry if I get caught in a heavy down pour or have to carry a plastic bag to cover my machine. I guess once the review videos and real world videos start hitting youtube so we can see what this machine can really do...maybe the true value will show. But still, for my particular case, I'm just not at this time in that $425+ price bracket as a buyer. If I was willing to wait and the machine proved its worth...not being waterproof would still be the deal killer. Garrett talked about more products coming which confirmed what I was told by a friend that works with Garrett so I expect a new AT series machine that will be waterproof, but if this new Ace series is $499 msrp, that means the new AT machine would be well over $600 msrp and that's just way over my budget not to mention that's likely many months away. I am excited to see the videos start coming out. I wonder what date Garrett set for the field reviewers to start releasing vids? I'm sure there's people with the machine in their hands already.

So his success depends on his assistants? Reminds me of a coach with a similar name as a popular sandwich meat...

Pretty hard to screw up a team when you have Mullen as your OC and Charlie Strong as your DC...

But to be fair, getting that type of talent to work to its potential is a talent in-and-of-itself.

Urban and Ed are smart guys who know football. More importantly they know how run a team. Don't kid yourself. Saban is a CEO coach. Saban and BB created the Cover Match Defense. Saban has used at Bama for years. Still it has glaring weakness's if your cb1 can't cover the opposing wr1. Saban is better when he has someone else running the defense like Jeremy Pruitt. Pruitt is a better dc than Kirby is. Looks like he learned how to recruit under Saban though. He's been tearing it up lately.

I'm pretty new to detecting but yes...I have hit some creeks and plan to do some detecting in the rivers around here as well. Creeks...I can see maybe not needing waterproof...but honestly, I don't want to have to be super careful with my machine. I'd rather be able to just plunk it down in the water and not have to worry. Or not worry if I get caught in a heavy down pour or have to carry a plastic bag to cover my machine. I guess once the review videos and real world videos start hitting youtube so we can see what this machine can really do...maybe the true value will show. But still, for my particular case, I'm just not at this time in that $425+ price bracket as a buyer. If I was willing to wait and the machine proved its worth...not being waterproof would still be the deal killer. Garrett talked about more products coming which confirmed what I was told by a friend that works with Garrett so I expect a new AT series machine that will be waterproof, but if this new Ace series is $499 msrp, that means the new AT machine would be well over $600 msrp and that's just way over my budget not to mention that's likely many months away. I am excited to see the videos start coming out. I wonder what date Garrett set for the field reviewers to start releasing vids? I'm sure there's people with the machine in their hands already.

If you don't saltwater hunt then the Simplex may be the best route for you. Whatever your choice, have fun. It's the best hobby in the world. Nothing like digging a hole and pulling treasure. I'll admit, I would have a hard time waiting.

Back
Top Bottom