Minelab armrest size vs. others (Equinox)

shellhouse

Forum Supporter
For those who have multiple MD's, do any have a similar armrest as the Equinox that bolt thru the bottom?

Reason I ask is that I ordered a Nox armrest new and it was lost in the mail. I'd like to get one that's at least close so I can use a Doc's armrest cover.

Is the X-Terra armrest pretty close, for example? Maybe I'm just being cheap, but slightly put off by ordering another $25 piece of plastic for the Nox. Will go with the original if it's best.

Thanks for entertaining this weird hang-up of mine. :D

The funny thing when MD a beach this am, my armrest just all of a sudden fell off! I actually tightened it up last night so I know it was tight!

I got the Nox 600.

Have you looked at Kellyco's website for one?

GLHH!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

That is not a weird hangups. Those plastic armrests are junk. I had a spare aluminum whites armrest that worked way better. Though I did have to drill a small hole through the side. Make sure its aligned up straight before you drill. You can really cinch up the cuff good without having to worry about it breaking. GL !

I bought a metal one off ebay, I'm pretty sure it was 25$. It fits both the equinox and the xterra machines. Add a docs padded arm cuff cover and your good to go! I still need to get a cover for mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-185027_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-185027_eBay.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 196
I bought a metal one off ebay, I'm pretty sure it was 25$. It fits both the equinox and the xterra machines. Add a docs padded arm cuff cover and your good to go! I still need to get a cover for mine.

How's this metal/upgraded one compare to the stock plastic armrest in size? Should the Doc's cover fit it?

Why not report if lost in mail and get it resent for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ended up being refunded and I ordered from another vendor (Showmetreasure / detectingMO).

The question is still out there for curiosity's sake (and for the community), though. If a different or metal armrest is available that the Doc's cover will fit on, it'll be good to know in the case of future damaged plastic armrests.

This ended up being refunded and I ordered from another vendor (Showmetreasure / detectingMO).

The question is still out there for curiosity's sake (and for the community), though. If a different or metal armrest is available that the Doc's cover will fit on, it'll be good to know in the case of future damaged plastic armrests.

I think docs cover would fit just fine, but I cant say for sure, as I haven't tried yet. I think this one would fit all of them(also found on Ebay), being stretchy neoprene, and it's almost half the price of docs. Either way, let us know which route you decide! Happy hunting!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200512-081208_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200512-081208_eBay.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
Sorry to hijack the thread, but are there any decent alternatives to the velcro strap?

I like to use the strap when detecting ( I know some folks dont) but find eventually the velcro starts to break down...

So are there any alternatives that are still fairly easy to put on/take off but will be more durable than velcro?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are there any decent alternatives to the velcro strap?

I like to use the strap when detecting ( I know some folks dont) but find eventually the velcro starts to break down...

So are there any alternatives that are still fairly easy to put on/take off but will be more durable than velcro?

Wonder if an elastic strap with metal snaps would be useful. The elastic may need to be sewn to nylon for the snaps or the whole strap could be nylon with snaps. Just an idea.

Snaps or belt buckle style with holes. Or a plastic adjustable buckle like the newer military stuff. I'm sure the nylon straps can easily be found in the corect width to use with a buckle or snaps.

So far I've forgone the strap but curious what'd work best as well and be durable.

Back
Top Bottom