• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver start to August!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT was out of town on Thursday, had to go give a talk concerning Geohazards in our area, and got back to town after the banks had closed, so He was up early on Friday and off to the Royal Bank to pick up the boxes of halves.

The search began soon after arriving back at the Castle, and was finished in time to get to the dump machine and be shed of all the non-keepers!

Here's what KT kept:

Box 1 - a Cr-plated counter stamped Ken, and a grease-filled die error.
Box 2 - nothing.
Box 3 - 3 sticker Kens
Box 4 - 1 Proof and 1 sticker Ken.
Box 5 - Saved the day with 2 40%Ag Kens and 1 87 Ken!

Totals were: 2 40%Ag Kens, 1 Proof, 1 87, 1 Cr-plated counter stamped Ken, 1 grease-filled die error, and 4 sticker coins...1 Civil War and 3 Vietnam War.

Pics for everyone's examination below! Hope all have a good week ahead. KT is off to the Royal Flea Market to see what kind of goodies He may snag...but not looking for silver halves today as His Majesty only buys them once a month.

Attachments

• CRH 08 02 2019 2 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 08 02 2019 2 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 193
  • CRH 08 02 2019 1 Proof 1 87 Ken.jpg
    CRH 08 02 2019 1 Proof 1 87 Ken.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 172
  • CRH 08 02 2019 1 Cr-plated counter stamped Ken 1 grease filled die error.jpg
    CRH 08 02 2019 1 Cr-plated counter stamped Ken 1 grease filled die error.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 163
  • CRH 08 02 2019 1 Civil War sticker 3 Vietnam War stickers.jpg
    CRH 08 02 2019 1 Civil War sticker 3 Vietnam War stickers.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 167
Very nice 1987. It seems to be in very good condition.

Yes, it is, jkb! Most of the 1987's KT has recovered are in fine or better condition...they seem to have been kept in a personal collection and out of circulation for much of their time, just recently coming back in circulation!
They are low mintage...only 10% as high as other years before 2002, and may have been snapped up early by collectors who realized the low mintage may mean higher collectability, therefore higher value. In KT's recollection, He has not seen any sorry looking 87's. :D:D

Love that error coin! I have a few grease filled die coins but none that extreme!

Thanks, Junkminer! KT has gotten several of them over the years, but this was the first that His Majesty could not read any part of the date by reflecting light off it from various angles!
In the photo, it looks like one can see a d mint mark and the first number looks like a 2, but in person neither letter or number are visible!

Wow! I can honestly say that of thousands of halves searched I’ve never found a stickered.
Interesting finds KT

Wow! I can honestly say that of thousands of halves searched I’ve never found a stickered.
Interesting finds KT

That's amazing, amc rulz! You shocked ole KT with that statement! :shock::shock::shock:::laughing::laughing:

As experienced a CRHer as you are, KT would figure you had seen many of them....but maybe when you were CRHing a few years back, they had not become as popular for tourists as they seem to be now...??:?:

Back
Top Bottom