GOLD & Gem prospecting vacations

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Anyone have input on a good gold prospecting vacation? I always wanted to do some sort of rugged trip prospecting gems or gold. I am looking for an area that is established with the possibility of going out on the land finding my own goodies unguided.

Anyone know of such a location in the 48 states?

Thanks. Will do, I am a member of the GPAA but the details they give are quite vague on how to use their claims, when they're open, etc. I'd like to use the membership to its fullest. Just hard to find out how.

Will check out the link. Thanks

If you are a member of the GPAA you can find out a lot on their website , and in the handbook they should have sent you when you joined. Most states also have a website for their local chapter which can be easier to get info from. Going to one of the GPAA claims is probably your best bet for a successful trip since anything else available is likely to be more of a tourist trap than anything else. My GPAA book has plenty of the information I needed , and I contacted my local state chapter on their website to get the rest I was unsure of. There really isnt much to it , atleast here , I go to a nearby claim , sign in , set up camp , and get to prospecting. You find out a lot once you get there.

If you are a member of the GPAA you can find out a lot on their website , and in the handbook they should have sent you when you joined. Most states also have a website for their local chapter which can be easier to get info from. Going to one of the GPAA claims is probably your best bet for a successful trip since anything else available is likely to be more of a tourist trap than anything else. My GPAA book has plenty of the information I needed , and I contacted my local state chapter on their website to get the rest I was unsure of. There really isnt much to it , atleast here , I go to a nearby claim , sign in , set up camp , and get to prospecting. You find out a lot once you get there.

I will do that. I pulled the guide out this weekend and was going to email a few state chapters but left the book at home. LOL

When you go, the book says you have to take that with you along with your permits, is that accurate?

Back
Top Bottom