Etrac questions..

blkcloud

Do most of you use the pre loaded coin mode?
When coinshooting what numbers do you dig?
My machine shows a silver quarter as 10-47,clad quarter is 11-46, 11-47. Is this ok? thanks!

My machine shows a silver quarter as 10-47,clad quarter is 11-46, 11-47. Is this ok? thanks!

I started with the coin mode but opened it up more, gave it a little more room, especially around the nickel area

what do I dig? depends on the site, like today I was at an 1800s homesite where the house was tore down and I dug every singal ABOVE iron pretty much. I wrote up something about this very subject on my personal website, if you want to read it, and see why I do NOT rely on numbers my website is in my sig....

I started out using Andy's Coin pattern and have not got away from that when running in Conductive.

When I do hunt in TTF, I either run in AM or have some discrimination at the 01 and 02 lines.

When coin shooting the CONDUCTIVE numbers tell me what/when to dig. It is hard not to look at all the numbers, but I'm mainly looking at the Conductive Numbers as I look at the depth meter.

For coppers and silvers - (34 up to 48 Conductives)

Nickels - (10-15) I will dig some others 9, 16, on occasion.

I will tell you this. I'm pretty much not going to pass up these numbers. I don't care what the depth is. Ok, OK SOMETIMES I will pass up on shallow zincolns ONLY if I've dug a few at a certain spot. I've dug up zincolns, re-scanned the hole and found wheat's 4" further down.

Don't worry about clad dime/quarter. Dig 'em up. I've had silver come in on the Conductive side from 41 all the way to 49. You CAN'T get stuck on going by the numbers. MANY worn Barbers and seateds will come in like a wheat penny at 6 inches or deeper.

#1 Rule - AUDIO ALWAYS WINS - Especially on those that hit from 2 directions (on the 90 also)

NebTrac

coppers especially indians can come in a lot lower than 34 Neb, this year alone I have dug 3 indians that were 01-31 and last fall I had a real worn 1876 that came in at 28

i try to dig everything
got a gold ring at 6 inches the numbers were 17 to 19-19
you just never know
curtis

Yeah, that's what I've seen for others. I do dig those, but in the half a dozen places I find my indians I've never had an IH come in below 34. The reason I dig those low 30's, is I'm hoping for a '64 or older.

NebTrac

coppers especially indians can come in a lot lower than 34 Neb, this year alone I have dug 3 indians that were 01-31 and last fall I had a real worn 1876 that came in at 28

Yeah, that's what I've seen for others. I do dig those, but in the half a dozen places I find my indians I've never had an IH come in below 34. The reason I dig those low 30's, is I'm hoping for a '64 or older.

NebTrac
Neb, I dug 3 fatty injuns last season all 3 were in 12-23 range. But if you also knew how many cool things come in at under 30?

old keys
tokens
foreign coins
buttons
lead toys
real small silver coins
GOLD
just to name a few possibilities :lol:

Back
Top Bottom