Treasure lead!

Nailfinder85

Just got word on a John Dillinger hideout[emoji102][emoji1362]............cabin still standing. hope I have some good finds to post this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll at least find a soda can and a few nails, that’s my specialties. This guy just mildly breezes over in conversation.....”his hideout was right there”.......pointing to an old cabin........::::::jaw hits floor:::::he owns all 250 acres surrounding it

You have me hanging on the edge of my seat! Good luck looking forward to your post.

Funny, when I first read the title, I was thinking lead, as in "plumbum". :laughing: But then, I do consider finding lead (bullets, shot, pipe seals, singkers, etc.) a form of treasure!

Good luck on your hideout hunt!

Lol, sorry, didn’t mean to mis......lead. thank you!! My first official “ permission to dig site”.
Old homestead on property also about 300 yards away. cabin was built in the 30s and the Homestead was built early 1800s I’m told.

There is a house in our area that was supposedly a hideout for Machine Gun Kelly. Legend has it he once escaped the police by crawling down a tunnel from a dog house and escaped by speedboat. Got permission to hunt it and believe me there was never a. Tunnel. Spent a lot of time in that doghouse with a pinpointer.

Did find a few silvers

The adventure is in the search/potential right?! Great story and still may not be far off from some loot.
I may be chasing folklore or hear-say but I’ve heard the same story from two different people, land owner and previous land owner. If I find a few coins and maybe a relic or two from the era, I’ll be excited.

Can't wait!!! Make sure before you start you get it straight with the owner on what he wants out of it sometimes they can be surprising.

Owner is my foreman at work. Has become a good friend, through hunting, fishing and trapping. We mildly laughed over splitting the loot but it would of course be all his to decide if such a thing happened. Since this has come up at work, everyone has an old homestead they want to check out after work sometime with my detector.

Can't wait!!! Make sure before you start you get it straight with the owner on what he wants out of it sometimes they can be surprising.

Ideas? Reads like silver.......[emoji2371]
b3833df26612756562e857542ab47be2.jpg

Creeks flood.. could have come from anywhere. Maybe a house burnt somewhere up creek.

Not too sure, resembles what comes up under “native copper”, but it’s clearly not copper. being that I found it, I’m sure it’s not valuable lol

If that chunk is relatively light weight, it is almost certainly slag aluminum; no matter how remote of a place you found it. Hope you find anything good at the old cabin! GL & HH!

Back
Top Bottom