San Francisco area

azdirtdigger

Elite Member
I will be in the San Francisco area the first part of October. Would really like to do a little MD'ing while I'm there. I would Like to hear from forum members with info on what types of areas can be detected and any info or hunting tips to help this desert rat out.

I'm just across the bay from San Francisco and if I'm not working we could meet up and hunt some places or if I cant make it out I can point in the direction of some spots. When are you going to be in town?
Bud

Hello archer,

I live in a beach town about an hour and a half south of San Fran. I started detecting this summer and have had a lot of success at the local beaches. I recommend you buy yourself a good stainless sand scoop and research the most popular beaches in the area.

Hunting dry sand may be tedious due to tourist traffic dying down but if you can catch a good swell/tide cycle you may have good hunting in the wet sand. Beach hunting is more dependent on timing than other detecting activities.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more advice.

-ohmygato

Hey Archer, hope you enjoy your visit out here!:cool:

Hello archer,

I live in a beach town about an hour and a half south of San Fran. I started detecting this summer and have had a lot of success at the local beaches. I recommend you buy yourself a good stainless sand scoop and research the most popular beaches in the area.

Hunting dry sand may be tedious due to tourist traffic dying down but if you can catch a good swell/tide cycle you may have good hunting in the wet sand. Beach hunting is more dependent on timing than other detecting activities.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more advice.

-ohmygato

ohmygato,
From that discription looks like you may be close me in Santa Cruz!

here are some SF treats, where you can't MD

http://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/places.htm

Good post borborygmus! Need to know where NOT to go as well!

Thanks everyone for the responses. borborygmus, thanks for the link. Looking forward to doing a little bit of the tourist thing.

Wife and I will be staying at the San Francisco RV Resort in Pacifica for a week starting on 10/4. We will then spend 2 weeks moseying down the Coast Hwy to Ventura.

Plan to do a good bit of detecting. I will have my E-trac and excal II along. Sounds like I will be driving past a few of you. Anyone want to help a poor land locked desert rat learn to get his feet wet give me a PM. It would be fun to put faces to a few names on here.

take a few hours to check out pacifica pier since you'll be right there. the fishers pull up stripe bass and crab.

Well, we hit the road tomorrow evening. I can't wait, it's been almost 2 years since we had a real vacation. Plan to do a lot of swinging and will probably be PM'ing a few of you. If anyone wants to try to put together a meet and hunt, just PM me.

Back
Top Bottom