And so I get a free battery :)

71DHB

Elite Member
1 of my 2 Excal batteries has been giving me and my good friend who fixes them a difficult time in my latest hunts. After charging it for hours before my hunts it would die in the first few minutes. My friend seemed to have fixed the problem in front of me several times but as soon as I got in the water the same situation. Finally being free, I traveled 3 hours to visit him this morning but not before jumping in the Adriatic to give myself a quick shot at finding some yellow with another friend before bringing my battery to him 1 last time.(I decided just to buy a new one anyway) I'm glad I did:) He's going to keep my old one for a while just to study it better. Not many signals today but I did manage to find some yellow and it paid off my new battery. Couldn't have asked for a better way. Thanks for looking GL and HH.

Attachments

• DSCN4072.JPG
    DSCN4072.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 528
  • DSCN4073.JPG
    DSCN4073.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCN4075.JPG
    DSCN4075.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 522
Battery problem

I thought I had a battery problem with one of my old swords.

The battery would take a charge ok and check out with a meter to a full charge but it wouldn't run the detector.

Turned out that the wire in the pod that ran to the 9 volt connector had discolored insulation. Peeled it back and saw burnt wires, weakened so that they couldn't carry current under load. Replaced the wire. Simple.

Probably caused by overcharging. Went to a smart charger.

Have since gone to the RNB 3000mah battery

Nice gold ring! I can only imagine the old stuff you find over the pond.

:dingding: Congrats on getting the gold! Hopefully the battery will be a simple issue. :yes:

I thought I had a battery problem with one of my old swords.

The battery would take a charge ok and check out with a meter to a full charge but it wouldn't run the detector.

Turned out that the wire in the pod that ran to the 9 volt connector had discolored insulation. Peeled it back and saw burnt wires, weakened so that they couldn't carry current under load. Replaced the wire. Simple.

Probably caused by overcharging. Went to a smart charger.

Have since gone to the RNB 3000mah battery

I have to wait and see when my friend jumps in the water himself to see if it happens to him. The battery seems haunted!:yikes::pumpkins:

Back
Top Bottom