Anderson CF detector shafts for the NOX !!!!

Epoxy..... give it a week in the water, dont clean it and you dont have to worry about taking it apart lol. Some of us obviously have a few more skill than others.

If the seal is correct water won't enter the epoxied area... and if it does a rivet will fix that problem real quick. So your testing the shafts.. that explains a lot. Just curious.. have you ever drilled holes? Just to get an idea of your skill.
Also nobody said Anderson didn't make good shafts. And nobody is competing against them. If mud epoxied his shaft in place, for years I imagine, don't see what the problem is. With epoxy you can put the lower rod on the exact angle you want... not the case with holes and a hand grip/arm cuff bolted to the shaft

If the seal is correct water won't enter the epoxied area... and if it does a rivet will fix that problem real quick. So your testing the shafts.. that explains a lot. Just curious.. have you ever drilled holes? Just to get an idea of your skill.
Also nobody said Anderson didn't make good shafts. And nobody is competing against them. If mud epoxied his shaft in place, for years I imagine, don't see what the problem is. With epoxy you can put the lower rod on the exact angle you want... not the case with holes and a hand grip/arm cuff bolted to the shaft

Steve think he just means all you got to do is wait and the shafts we use will lock up on their own. No epoxy needed:lol: Also Andersons handle slides over the CF. The aluminum sleeve rots bad. And their armstrap is junk. Plugger is the better of the two. I own 3 andersons and 3 pluggers.

Thats what i was saying Steve..... give any of them time and you can lock um up..... thou CF is harder than aluminum...... and yet i can drill a hole and have made most of my shafts. Old farm boy here...... ill fix it or break it.:laughing: Plunger does make a good one...... but dont you think Andersons is a little lighter?

Anderson and Plugger are the only players in the game that i know of. Pretty narrow field for scoops too IMO. Only so much you can do with these two tools. We'd all like to see prices come down..... but you know what it costs to make one.... you have to consider design... we have high expectations for locks.. lower shafts.... we want light and they are restricted somewhat by the machine they have to fit them to....... not to mention shipping costs are a bit nuts now days. The bright side..... as beach hunters we find enough gold to pay for these luxuries.... that a good many dirt hunts wont. So we also have to consider a smaller market for them. I respect those after market companies trying to improve the hobby. Can you imagine if we HAD to live with what some of the detector companies gave us? Proprietary.....

I just sent an email off to Pete Anderson. Hoping they have a dive shaft I can buy for the Equinox 800 that is carbon fiber. If not maybe they can make one. I love the one I have for my Tiger Sharks and my CZ-21's

Itsaring

Have plenty Excalibur parts , and a plugger cam from when he sent me one from moding the Gt shaft, also have some dive short shafts , and this , Earl

Attachments

• 20110601_7.JPG
    20110601_7.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 64
It’s only rated at ten ft? Am I missing something ?

Nope. I dive in places that are 8 - 9 foot max. One place is so full of dock nails I am excited to see if this thing can pull out silver and gold my Tiger Shark and CZ-21 has missed. Detroit river here I come!

Another place is boat party central. Lake St. Clair has a surface area of 430 square miles and the average depth is 9' deep. A lot of gold pendants are found, including a 5 and a 20 dollar gold coin in a bezel but not many chains. I am hoping to increase my gold count here. Chains and broken shank rings are in my sights.

I didn't find the gold coins in bezels. I was present when they were found though. I traded a CZ-21 for the 20.00 1922 double eagle in an 18K bezel.

Back
Top Bottom