Old toy car

pplinker

Forum Supporter
Last week took the Minelab 705 back in the woods to an old homesite, and dairy farm where I never had any luck in the past. I have hunted it off and on, maybe 5 or 6 times using the 705 in years past.

Right away I found a 1944 penny. Some various stuff and then a 1941 penny. Before leaving I found a 1975 penny that was probably from the era that some hippies lived there.

Found a cool old toy car. Saw one in pristine shape on e-bay for 150.00. This one is toast, but still a fun find.

Couple bottle tops, one I can't read. The other is Clorox, rust proof lid. Probably from the hippie era. Surprised that the blue ink stamped 35c stayed on there so long.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC00268.JPG
    DSC00268.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC00269.JPG
    DSC00269.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00270.JPG
    DSC00270.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00271.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 323
Good work P đź‘Ť Love those old cars ... I want to build a salvage yard for mine to sit in some day , a proceeding plant for all my copper and brass and lead junk

Good work P �� Love those old cars ... I want to build a salvage yard for mine to sit in some day , a proceeding plant for all my copper and brass and lead junk

:laughing::laughing::laughing: So funny!

Also, thanks Cellerdwellr!

Too Bad

Wanted to restore the car. I have some wooden craft wheels and was going to fill all the holes with JB weld and spray paint it.Thought I'd start by unbending the hood, but I wanted to be CAREFUL. I figured by heating the metal up, it would bend and not break. Took the map gas torch and held it on the metal then went to bend it with the pliars, but the hood dropped down on the table in a big glob of silver metallic.:no: It was the good part of the car where the model number was.

Back
Top Bottom