• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I'll ask again, help a brother out.

flyguy784

Elite Member
My brother and I love hunting rev and civil war relics. We also love rd trips. We live in Chester County PA. Anyone that would entertain having us out and join us at a Battle, camp site etc, for either war help us out. Not looking for your "secret spot" just a location that has a reasonable possibility of some related finds. We can drive up to about 4 hours or 200 miles to achieve this goal. Wouldn't mind staying in the area overnight to make the trip worthwhile.
So, any generous soul that knows of such a location and would be kind enough to share with us, please reach out to me via PM.
Tell ya what, I'll even sweeten the deal. We'll bring you a couple rev musket balls and flat buttons as a thank you. Just looking for a new adventure.
Much more prefer Rev sites.

Antiques Detectors is having a seeded hunt October 14, it is on a civil war reunion grounds and part of a CW skirmish/ massacre

You've been given notice...we'll see you there!

See Member links for more info if interested....there is NO GUARANTEES of ANY finds, but there will be silver and other coins seeded, the artifacts may or may not be there, that's your detector's job to find out. :)

Always welcome, come hang out and meet some fellow forum members!

It's been a couple years, but I got a location of a civil war internment camp in the west chester, Downingtown area by looking up historical Pa road markers. I had no luck door knocking but it's been some time. You may be luckier. There is also a creek there which you can hunt.( I had no boots). You'll know its the right place if you find a lot of horse farms nearby. Maybe we can get together sometime. Good luck !

Wow, thanks Wom. I've spent a considerable amount of time out here researching all the rev stuff (battle of Brandywine). I'm surprised I never saw a write up about Civ around here. I'm digging into it tonight. I know alot of people, with horse farms in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an OK. Simply put, if I get the spot, you're in. Only fair. HeII, I have a horse farm in my back yard. Thanks again, I'll be in touch.

Wow, thanks Wom. I've spent a considerable amount of time out here researching all the rev stuff (battle of Brandywine). I'm surprised I never saw a write up about Civ around here. I'm digging into it tonight. I know alot of people, with horse farms in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky and get an OK. Simply put, if I get the spot, you're in. Only fair. HeII, I have a horse farm in my back yard. Thanks again, I'll be in touch.

Sent you a PM.

Revolutionary War

My brother and I love hunting rev and civil war relics. We also love rd trips. We live in Chester County PA. Anyone that would entertain having us out and join us at a Battle, camp site etc, for either war help us out. Not looking for your "secret spot" just a location that has a reasonable possibility of some related finds. We can drive up to about 4 hours or 200 miles to achieve this goal. Wouldn't mind staying in the area overnight to make the trip worthwhile.
So, any generous soul that knows of such a location and would be kind enough to share with us, please reach out to me via PM.
Tell ya what, I'll even sweeten the deal. We'll bring you a couple rev musket balls and flat buttons as a thank you. Just looking for a new adventure.
Much more prefer Rev sites.

Unfortunately there's now a housing development where I found my cannonball back in the late 70s in Chester county. It was closer to Valley Forge than Brandywine though still several miles from Valley Forge (Devon or Berwyn I believe).

PA is getting pretty hard to dig for CW. It's all bout dug out. There wasn't enough going on in PA. But there's still a few spots here and there but you really have to put your work in to find them.

PA is getting pretty hard to dig for CW. It's all bout dug out. There wasn't enough going on in PA. But there's still a few spots here and there but you really have to put your work in to find them.

I hear ya Tom. We work very hard on getting and hunting the rev sites we can in this area. It's brutal. With all the historic restrictions, conservancy orgs and old family land owners that have been approached soo many times. Many people we ask about permissions just shake their heads and say NO, no rhyme nor reason. I don't get it. Really makes it tuff.
My brother and I met a guy down in Charlotte SC once. We were on a Redfish trip. We all hit it off and he had grown up in the area. Offered to take us to a spot. It was insanely good. 3 ringers, buttons, even a plume piece from a hat. I may have to approach him again about a trip again. It's a 12 hour drive, yikes.
I was hoping some of the guys a little further south would pipe up and help out, I don't fault them either, it's tuff all over. We're just looking for an adventure/change of scenery. We did go on a pay to hunt thing, run by another organization. Unfortunately it poured two of the three days we were there and the place had been hunted so many times anything worthwhile was either found or so deep they were undetectable with all but the super deep machines. Didn't care for hunting alongside the army of guys that showed up anyway. Not our style.
Oh well, back to the books, maps etc. You are correct, not tons of civil war stuff available in PA.

I'd take you to a spot but mine are all dried up. Like last 2-3 goes in the spots didn't produce. I am in the same boat as you, I'm looking for spots as well. I've just been door knocking and hope I stumble apon something CW and a few times I have. Just like a single button. They didn't document much so pretty much I've been following the roads they took to get around and branch off of them. Hoping they spread out to "gather" supplies from local towns and farms.

Thanks for the thought Tom. I hear ya on the spots. Anymore they're either "historic sites" or private property that has been approached for permission a thousand times. Rev sites are even tougher to get on. Research, research, research. You'd think the guys down south would have spots all over. I'm good at research but not living in a state that had a reasonable level of activity is tuff, civil war that is. Do keep me in mind, I'll do the same.

Back
Top Bottom