Wow

Bongbongding

Hi metal detecting friends,
Just want to share a pic and story of one of my most favorite finds. Happened about a month ago or so.
The beach I work at just had some major construction and renovation. A wall was being built on the opposite side of the bay. To get the heavy machinery and equipment down there the construction crew built a makeshift road using steel plates and sand bags, while pushing sand up the beach. The makeshift road included a temporary retaining wall that drastically changed the topography of the water fronting it. During high tides there was massive backwash which flushed alot of sand off the reef. I've ran my excalibur 2 many times in the area previously and was rewarded very nicely with many different types of rings. My gear includes mask, snorkle, fins and a 15 pound weight belt. I love being underwater as I get to be real intimate with my surroundings and the marine life in the area. Well on this particular day I couldnt believe my eyes. My excal let out a beautiful sound. I fanned away about an inch of sand and this beauty was wedged in some rocks just starring up at me. I knew it was a high karat because of the "ugliness" of the yellow. I can never read the stamp underwater through my mask and stuck the ring on my ring holder to continue hunting. When I was finished I showed it to one of my coworkers who has the best vision of anybody i ever met. I asked him what the stamp says and he replies 666? I said WHAT?!! Turn the thing upside down. Yup 999. I couldnt believe it! I was so stoked! It also has a date of ??/??/23. Could it be 1923? Wow, it was either lost a long time ago, or a really old man lost it recently. It weighs in at 7.5 grams. It's by far my favorite find. I am absolutely in love with this hobby. I want to thank everyone who post on here. On lonely nites this site keeps my very occupied. I've learned so much lurking throughout the years. Anyway thanks again for reading my post and blessings to all.🤙

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200913-160039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200913-160039_Gallery.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,022
You might want to go to your 1st introduction post and maybe thank some guys , say hello. Before you run amok on the finds. That's how we do it brah stateside.
Mahalo...

:dingding: That's a really unique and awesome find! From how you describe it was lost I 'd say that baby was lost a long time ago.

Thanks KOB!! just a lil excited I guess. It's been rectified. Have a great day fellow hunter!

No worries. It took me awile to navigate through all the features and topics. Heck , I'm still figuring it out ! Nice ring , looks more modern though.

Without giving too much away you don't care to I was wondering if your North Shore or South Shore, or maybe Windward or Leeward??

Aloha!

Beautiful!
That's a rare one too. Pure gold isn't your everyday find.
I'm pretty sure I know where you found it, general area that is;)
Are you a C&C lifeguard?

Bongbongding..is the weight correct on the ring? I would think a ring that is 99.9% pure and of that width and size would weigh more.
DL

Thanks beachhunter definitely stoked on this one!

Aloha Felix, just for more wow factor I hope it's old. It could've been. People have been swimming here for at least a hundred years!🤙

Metaladdict, howzit? Even if it is modern, I'm just like you, a metal addict!🤣

DaviDs, mahalo nui. Made my day. You have a great day yourself!!🌊🏄!♂️

KOB! I'll take it either way! Thanks for your guidance!🤙

CalReg! Thanks braddah. Aloha right back at ya!

SeebeeRon, south side all day long!🤙

Dirty Love, thanks my friend! One love. Its thinner than it looks, unless my scale is broke!😥

zeemang, its definitely a ugly beautiful color! Very unique.🤙

Aquaman I love your name. I bet you do know the general area. If you've hunted there what's up with all the bullets? Blessings and a PHAT aloha🤙

Hi metal detecting friends,
Just want to share a pic and story of one of my most favorite finds. Happened about a month ago or so.
The beach I work at just had some major construction and renovation. A wall was being built on the opposite side of the bay. To get the heavy machinery and equipment down there the construction crew built a makeshift road using steel plates and sand bags, while pushing sand up the beach. The makeshift road included a temporary retaining wall that drastically changed the topography of the water fronting it. During high tides there was massive backwash which flushed alot of sand off the reef. I've ran my excalibur 2 many times in the area previously and was rewarded very nicely with many different types of rings. My gear includes mask, snorkle, fins and a 15 pound weight belt. I love being underwater as I get to be real intimate with my surroundings and the marine life in the area. Well on this particular day I couldnt believe my eyes. My excal let out a beautiful sound. I fanned away about an inch of sand and this beauty was wedged in some rocks just starring up at me. I knew it was a high karat because of the "ugliness" of the yellow. I can never read the stamp underwater through my mask and stuck the ring on my ring holder to continue hunting. When I was finished I showed it to one of my coworkers who has the best vision of anybody i ever met. I asked him what the stamp says and he replies 666? I said WHAT?!! Turn the thing upside down. Yup 999. I couldnt believe it! I was so stoked! It also has a date of ??/??/23. Could it be 1923? Wow, it was either lost a long time ago, or a really old man lost it recently. It weighs in at 7.5 grams. It's by far my favorite find. I am absolutely in love with this hobby. I want to thank everyone who post on here. On lonely nites this site keeps my very occupied. I've learned so much lurking throughout the years. Anyway thanks again for reading my post and blessings to all.🤙

Welcome, and killer post! love the "666" ring! :)

Back
Top Bottom