Newbie here

Be a shame to spend $800, $1,300 or $1,500 and find out you hate the thing.

Many have gone high from the beginning and it worked out fine, many started lower, learned what they needed and made a much better informed choice on an upgrade.

Good luck!

Thanks for the lengthy reply. I've hunted rocks for 20 years and it usually keeps me busy. I have some fantastic civil war sites that I have permission to hunt. I've found bullets on the surface.

"Hunting" is in my blood. It's one of those things that I'm positive I'd enjoy. If I lived in the right region, I'd be hunting meg teeth.

I'd rather buy it right the first time. With other hobbies, I've started cheap and then upgraded (and wasted a ton of $$ in the process).

I don't need top-of-the-line, but I'd like to buy an above average detector that will keep me busy for years.

Most of my hunting will take place in plowed fields and or old home sites. I have a catalogue of old foundations from 20+ years of hiking / caving on private property.

Being one with more hobbies than time, metal detecting has slipped away from me over the years. I'd like to give it a shot this winter! Cheers!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Minelab seems to be winning the popularity contest these days but what ever route you take I would get one that is waterproof even if you don't want to get in the water. Just think about all the times you've ben caught in the rain or fumbled while crossing a creek. The other thing I would opt for are the wireless headphones. I gotta say I love them. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't mess around with the carrot knock offs even though I have had pretty good luck with them. Just go for the Garret Carrot and get it over with. I'm still experimenting with diggers and shovels and gear belts. I don't think I will ever be satisfied. I guess I will end up looking like a Gulf War Soldier as far as the gear goes. Then I won't be able to carry it all. LoL:lol:

Back
Top Bottom