Some APex Problems and Possible Solutions

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
A lot of people are having problems with the Apex being unstable at sens levels above 1-3. I was told on a forum that it was me and not the Apex and i just did not know how to run the detector. After 40 plus years detecting and owning almost everything made i assured them it was not me.

After following multiple forums and FB groups i found that many are having issues with what seems like EMI but is not.

After talking to Garrett i found out some of the coils are bad. Also some have not gotten the coil plug screwed into the box good. And my issue was bad software which was fixed by doing a simple factory reset. Even though no settings had been changed on mine, all i did was power it up out of the box and it went nuts as the default sens is 2 bars less than max and i could only settle it down if i went down to 3 bars total sens. Others i talked to could not get theirs past 1 sens.

Posting this info to help others struggling with a faulty Apex.

Glad you got it working. That factory re-set is standard on all the VLF detectors Garrett manufactures. It should always be reset too if switching coils.

Glad you got it working. That factory re-set is standard on all the VLF detectors Garrett manufactures. It should always be reset too if switching coils.

John, since i had taken it out of the box and made no changes but just powered the machine on,,, it did not dawn on me to do a reset. I have had several machines that after many changes to settings would go haywire and require a factory reset.

First thing i did was charge my headphones and machine to 100 percent before i even powered it up. I am getting a lot of people on FB forums that are having issues, i posted what Garrett told me to do and it is helping a few and some are just sending their coils in. Garrett will get them fixed up and going. Little bit frustrating but will all end up good in the end.

Back
Top Bottom