RIP Equinox...

Glad it's working out, but would it hurt for them to pressure test all new ones? Guess it depends on the medium.

That was my takeaway from the conversation, that they would be pressure testing new units before hitting the shelves. They just didnt have one to give me, and didnt know how long it would be to receive one from the factory.

That was my takeaway from the conversation, that they would be pressure testing new units before hitting the shelves. They just didnt have one to give me, and didnt know how long it would be to receive one from the factory.

Yes, the local rep told me they do indeed pressure test all the replacement units.

Finally got my replacement today. Woohoo. Put on a new screen saver, and vinyl face to keep it looking new.

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_121918.jpg
    IMG_20200903_121918.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200903_125620.jpg
    IMG_20200903_125620.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 181
Glad to hear Jeff!

All those additional seated coins are still waiting for you, I’ve not been out in a long time, roofing and new gutters on my house currently....

Finally got my replacement today. Woohoo. Put on a new screen saver, and vinyl face to keep it looking new.

Good to see you got the new "pod"!
My 800 started having strange shutdown/rebooting problems, so I contacted them, and was told to send it in. I shipped it USPS Priority, in a box that did not exceed the 12" limit. With insurance, it was fifteen bucks and change. (no lithium battery mentioned) They emailed that they received it 2 days later. Then, after another couple days, they said they will replace it with a new "pod". I let a week go by before I asked if they could tell me when. They say they are currently awaiting the new part, and will let me know when they ship it to me. I am hoping to get the news soon...it's killin' me!
I like your new faceplate cover. Looks sharp, and has the English wording. I may use one of my spare foreign language screen covers just to be different. :lol:

Glad to hear Jeff!

All those additional seated coins are still waiting for you, I’ve not been out in a long time, roofing and new gutters on my house currently....

Its been difficult for sure. I recently sold my house and moved to suburbia. I hate it. I still trek up to my usual spots just to get away. I hope to see you out there soon Jeff. Let me know when you get some time to detect and want some company.

Good to see you got the new "pod"!
My 800 started having strange shutdown/rebooting problems, so I contacted them, and was told to send it in. I shipped it USPS Priority, in a box that did not exceed the 12" limit. With insurance, it was fifteen bucks and change. (no lithium battery mentioned) They emailed that they received it 2 days later. Then, after another couple days, they said they will replace it with a new "pod". I let a week go by before I asked if they could tell me when. They say they are currently awaiting the new part, and will let me know when they ship it to me. I am hoping to get the news soon...it's killin' me!
I like your new faceplate cover. Looks sharp, and has the English wording. I may use one of my spare foreign language screen covers just to be different. :lol:

Hope you get yours back soon. ML was very accommodating and kept me appraised of the situation. If it werent for the USPS i wouldve had it back much sooner.

The faceplate is is like a nylon decal and it came with the legend printed on it. It fully covers the face and buttons minus the display. I actually cut the legend off one of the foreign language screen covers before applying it to the display...now both the display and face is protected.

Sweet! Still waiting for mine. However, I couldn't resist...and my new "backup" machine is on it's way (Vanquish 540). lol.

I almost bought a Vanq 540. It was very tempting. I ended up borrowing a buddy's 800 since he had been sidelined after having shoulder surgery.

Happy to read you got the replacement back. Good luck with the new one!

Thanks, will be hunting with it this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom