To hot - too wet in Atlanta

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
This August has been hot as usual. What is unusual is the rain. It seems to rain every afternoon or every other afternoon and sometimes 1 .5 - 2.0 inches in 30 minutes. Places I hunt have steep creek beds and the banks now are very slippery with mud.

It has kind of just worn me out and made it hard to plan any hunts. I suspect other places in the SE US are getting the same weather pattern.

But it boggles my mind that in 1864 July 20th in the areas that I hunt, the Confederate and Union soldiers had no choice but to fight in this weather. And then on top of that our soldiers have fought all over the world in less than perfect conditions. Hats off to all the brave military past and present.

I dont think we have had more than three days this month that it has not rained. The heat is awful and the Humidity is staying higher than the heat. Heck its like a sauna or maybe worse. We had a thunderstorm build up in our area last week and then forget to move we got over three inches of rain before it decided we had enjoyed enough. But if does make for easy digging but with the heat and humidity it does not take long for me to be beat.

Isn't it true that many soldiers died because of disease and infection (Civil War, WWI & II, etc? Soggy, wet, dirty... not good for hygeine/health/healing.

Back
Top Bottom