Year of the V Nickel

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Hit the church today for about 3.5 hours. Used the Gold Bug 5.5 Coil on the 8000.

The church provided its 3rd V Nickel this year. This one is a 1905 and not in to bad of shape. Found a couple wheaties and what I think is a Junker Ring (could b silver plated, cleaned up nice). Hit a little low on the VDI to be silver and just doesn't sound right when ya drop it on the counter...:no::no:

I found what looks like the top of a cuff link. It appears to have a 4 leaf clover design and has some Gilt on the front and back. Came up as a nickel on the VDI (55 so I was hoping for gold). Anyone have any comments on whether they think it was a cuff link or something else? Thanks.

Found $2.20 in clad including 6 Jefferson nickels. This Omega is a Nickel Hound!:yes:

Got a 4 round 22LR pocket spill on the surface. A pretty good day and found enough to keep me interested and will hit it again...GOTTA BE another silver, only the one Barber dime so far.

Last edited:
Dang JWP! You're killing it this year!!

I would like a little more silver, but as someone pointed out in my other V nickel thread - the V nicks are much harder to find than silver. I can't complain. The new Omega has been a big help to get some deeper coin action.:yes:

Congrats on the V. It looks like it still has a lot of detail. If you want to clean it up and get that shiny nickel finish back, try soaking it in pure lemon juice and after a few hours, carefully rub it with very fine steel wool. Repeat as necessary.
Mine was in the same shape as yours and cleaned up very nice with no damage.

thats the nicest V ive ever seen dug up...mine are always worn away big time..( ive scrubbed mine with an SOS pad and they get nice and shiny)

LOVE that ring that is a very cool one.

My MXT seems to be the best at hittin nickels of all the machines ive used...it owns the minelab and the XLT on hittin nickels so far in my comparisons.

man come to Illinois and I can lead you to tons of V nickels...they got passed over big time around here...

May have to take you up on the offer to hunt Illinois. I pass through southern Illinois a couple times a year when I go to/from Kansas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like a little more silver, but as someone pointed out in my other V nickel thread - the V nicks are much harder to find than silver. I can't complain. The new Omega has been a big help to get some deeper coin action.:yes:

Haha well, your signature is a heck of alot better than mine for MDing! ;)

Back
Top Bottom