bicycle mounted metal detector for beach

Yes I talked to the gentleman a few years ago at Daytona beach. I'm not sure if I have the video stored anywhere. He had gone into detail about building it and his reason for building it.
If I can find it I will send you a copy.

That’s pretty crazy, but it also shows the ingenuity that some people have to try to achieve a goal. Of course, you need about 10k to assemble that thing he has there and everything on it but after that...I’d like to see him using it and how effective it is where he’s hunting. Certainly an interesting Rube Goldberg-type contraption!

That is an incredible setup. I have actually tried to swing one of those Coiltek UFO coils.........
Only tried that once. Couldn't stop tripping over it.

My biggest coil for my TDI SL is a 17X11" and it still seems huge to my dumb feet.

Jeff

I've been thinking about putting a bike together that I can slip into some of these private beach's, a lot easier then going in by boat. Just mounting the detector , sifter, and scoop somewhere. Then make sure I have a good lock for it...

I'd love to see him when he goes ballistic over people that peppered a beach with pennies. I learned years ago that it isn't how much you cover but how well.

I'd love to see him when he goes ballistic over people that peppered a beach with pennies. I learned years ago that it isn't how much you cover but how well.

That's funny ! Because after all my years , I still haven't learned.... but am more than happy with my results. Lol...

Total BS this. Who ever hunted a beach knows that.
As soon as he starts to drive he can stop again for the next piece of foil or whatever.
Discrimination foil? Is discriminating gold, so no option.

I have to assume the coil bracket that swings down is plastic? Still, that's a huge coil real close to a metal bike frame. I'd guess he has to keep the sensitivity pretty low.

I was at Daytona beach about 7 yrs ago and heard of a guy metal detecting with a rigged-up bike. He would ride along and mark targets with a flag and then go back and dig all the targets in a section of beach. It was a Sunday morning and the guy had found 2 gold rings already!

Back
Top Bottom