• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sand Scoop with Carbon Fiber Handle

slider66

Elite Member
If your looking for a relatively cheap but nice sand scoop take a look at Craig’s list Miami. There is a guy who is making stainless Scoops with two piece carbon fiber handle for 100 but ships for 125. My friend bought one and received it yesterday. I know I can’t use names here so you will see it there. HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92d744d23a5c8841be3169e49db67258.jpg

Well I just wanted to post it. I called the guy he is in Miami. I was going to get one for travel it breaks into two pieces. He gave me the address to go see them. I didn’t want to post the name of the business. He is not a sponsor. My friend got his yesterday. It really looks good for the money. I lived in Nigeria for 4 years when I worked for the government so I know very well about their scams. I just wanted to pass it on, it’s really nice for dry sand.

Here are photos of his. If you want the name of the company PM me.

f021d2c871026e7dac8dc85b7c8f87d0.jpg
301a03ed17ccdc9ed645d4f605ad7957.jpg
8335e49a335f927506629f36ac994ad9.jpg

It looks great! the scoop looks very similar to some on Amazon that sell for around $80, so $125 shipped with the carbon fiber rod seems like a great deal to me.

That’s the same company. They are based in Davie.

I think that is excellent for someone who does not hunt all of the time, and older. Good Deal!

Well I just wanted to post it. I called the guy he is in Miami. I was going to get one for travel it breaks into two pieces. He gave me the address to go see them. I didn’t want to post the name of the business. He is not a sponsor. My friend got his yesterday. It really looks good for the money. I lived in Nigeria for 4 years when I worked for the government so I know very well about their scams. I just wanted to pass it on, it’s really nice for dry sand.
I think that is excellent for someone who does not hunt all of the time, and older. Good Deal!

Thanks, Slider! For the money, that is the perfect scoop to take on a vaca where you won't be mad if something happens to the scoop in transit.

At that price, I'm already considered with material thickness and weld quality. Often times, these cheap, but great looking scoops only last a few minutes, maybe hours, before the welds crack. If they hold, the next thing to go is handle mount or receptacle. Last, the push plate flexes and caves in. But if you have a welder, no worries, you add a few extra supports and you're good.

Then again, if you only use it in dry, sugar sand, it could last a long, long time. :cool3:

He also sells them on ebay. What he does is he sees someone else with a good idea. Then copies them. He was based in Hollywood, FL but who knows now. He probably floods CL in all cities with his bs ads.

I sold him 1 of my items... a few weeks later a replica pops up in his store.

The Cf shaft he is selling is 45" length (probably slightly less) and 1mm sidewall. The scoop is from Ukraine which is also a copy of stavr.

Guy is trying to make money stealing other people's ideas and designs

He also sells them on ebay. What he does is he sees someone else with a good idea. Then copies them. He was based in Hollywood, FL but who knows now. He probably floods CL in all cities with his bs ads.

I sold him 1 of my items... a few weeks later a replica pops up in his store.

The Cf shaft he is selling is 45" length (probably slightly less) and 1mm sidewall. The scoop is from Ukraine which is also a copy of stavr.

Guy is trying to make money stealing other people's ideas and designs

oof, that handle thickness is sketchy. BTW, I still have your handle. Thing is a tank and still works great!

I would not buy it for rock but I would for dry sand, wet and a sandy bottom. The manufacturer is a major maker. I just put it out there I saw it and had it in my hand. It’s also good as a travel scoop . Like I said I have two stealth extreme scoops that I love.

oof, that handle thickness is sketchy. BTW, I still have your handle. Thing is a tank and still works great!

That's good to hear. I still make them once in a while when I ha e time. The ubolt scoops are problematic though.

I sold this guy 1 of my shafts. The guy reverse engineered it, reduced the length to 44.5" , cut the diameter to 1mm and tried to pass it off on ebay as identical to mine. Some people will do anything for a buck

I would not buy it for rock but I would for dry sand, wet and a sandy bottom. The manufacturer is a major maker. I just put it out there I saw it and had it in my hand. It’s also good as a travel scoop . Like I said I have two stealth extreme scoops that I love.

The scoop manufacturer is a major manufacturer.... he has no doubt made 100s of scoops. All exactly or nearly exactly to stavr. The cf shaft he is selling is also a cheap imitation knock off. You might want to double check his address. When I shipped to him (an identical item now available in his store) he was in Hollywood, Florida... and he signed for the package.
This guy is a low life.

I don’t see how that small diameter handle would hold up. I have mine with a wood handle from Lowes and I have heard it making a few noises but it hasn’t broke yet.
I also prefer a wooden handle because the end floats up in the water.

Doug

.. When I shipped to him (an identical item now available in his store) he was in Hollywood, Florida... and he signed for the package. This guy is a low life.
I don’t see how that small diameter handle would hold up....
Doug

I did some research on the failure point on the CF shafts supplied by Steve. When compared to a new wood handle, it had 3x the strength. If I recall correctly, his small diameter (maybe 1"?) required over 800 lbs of force. The 1.5-1.62" diameter was like 1,700. :shock:

CF can withstand some amazing loads when the wall thickness is appropriate for the task! :yes:

Steve was making and selling these in small batches... glad I was able to score a couple.

The scoop manufacturer is a major manufacturer.... he has no doubt made 100s of scoops. All exactly or nearly exactly to stavr. The cf shaft he is selling is also a cheap imitation knock off. You might want to double check his address. When I shipped to him (an identical item now available in his store) he was in Hollywood, Florida... and he signed for the package.

This guy is a low life.

Well I put this out there because I had it in my hand. I did it to help beginners and people who can’t afford a 300 dollar scoop. Like I said I have two stealth scoops. If the guy is bad don’t contact him. That’s all I can tell you.

Well I put this out there because I had it in my hand. I did it to help beginners and people who can’t afford a 300 dollar scoop. Like I said I have two stealth scoops. If the guy is bad don’t contact him. That’s all I can tell you.

I can't say he's a bad guy, I don't know him. But I do know his business model is stealing from others.

You can buy cf shafts in 1-2mm thickness anywhere from $10-20 a piece in bulks of 10. Ok so that's $100-$200 for 10 shafts ! Spray some foam inside. Put a wood dowel in it. Do the math.

Sorry guys , but who is really ripping off who here ? Who is really getting the shaft ? I'll tell you who....the guys paying $120-$160 PER SHAFT !

Back
Top Bottom