Beach Vacation Question

z118

Forum Supporter
I will be staying at Hapton Beach next week, a couple hundred yards off the beach.

I will bring my Sov GT with me, as well as a coarse wire strainer as a makeshift scoop.

I am thinking I will be able to hunt in the early am every day.

Any tips on the best place/manner to hunt? I don't want to venture into the water as I don't have a proper scoop or a good way to keep my detector dry. Should I focus on the dry sand towards the street edge of the beach or more towards the wet sand? Any tips would be great!

Thanks!

Beach trip

I'd stay as near the wet sand as possible and try to adjust to allow hunting in the wet at low tide. Of course avoid the splashy stuff and maybe put the cover on the box with it.
Good luck, and Happy hunting.
So where is Hapton Bch. anywho?

If you watch where most people lay their towels and blankets in the dry sand it is a good place to start. Then the wet stuff as the tide goes out. Be careful if you get the coil wet and raise it up, water could run through the shaft and on to the box. A wise man told me that. I think it was Florida Bill!! Good Luck, Jim

Hampton Beach, NH? That's a HUGE beach, and you won't be the only detectorist there.

Search near the steps where people walk down to get to the beach and along the path that they drag all their stuff that they take to get to the water.

Try to focus more on gridding a certain section of the beach instead of trying to cover the whole thing. Watch where the most people congregate.

I got most of my hits right about 10 ft up from the surf where the wet sand ends... I liked to hunt after 4:00.. hot I know, but most of the people are gone and you beat the early morning detectorists to the punch... Good luck! Check at the local bait store and see if they have a sand flea scoop... they are usually a bit cheaper than buying a detecting sand scoop... practically the same thing though.

Nice, z!
You'll be about 2 hours south of me.

The advice here kind of covers it so I won't bother trying to help you determine where to hunt, but I will reiterate that there are numerous detectorists on Hampton Beach. I've never detected Hampton because it's such a busy place.

Lots of activity there, and lots of opportunity to find some good stuff.
Good luck to you!

I was up at Hampton this last Monday. Got 93 cents in clad change and
dug up a lot of junk. People like to bury soda and beer cans a lot at
Hampton it seems. This registers as a copper penny at 4 inches on my
Prizm III - when I dig much past 4 inches and don't find anything, I know
that there's a can at 8 inches! (but I dig it anyway, just in case 8^)

Have a great vacation, show us what you find when you get back!

Back
Top Bottom