Ed the Beach Hunter?!?!?!?

I've just randomly checked out a couple of his videos. He is either making killer fake videos, or he's the luckiest @#$% alive. First video he finds a couple of huge 1700s Mexican silver coins. Second video he finds a block of hundred dollar bills, drug money. Totaling about 100K. Anyone know this guy? Can I buy his lucky rabbits foot?

BCD

***EDIT*** I checked his channel and yea, this guy is either planting stuff or really really really lucky. He's cleaning up in his videos.

So the Brick of cash video was posted for April fools! It was a joke, and he lets the viewers in on it at the end. :) Got a bunch of views though... and isn't that the goal/dream of every youtube millionaire?

Ed does a lot of detecting and puts together some good stuff. Not all of his videos are fully real though, (he's got a sense of humor), but you have to watch them to figure out which. He's legit about telling you the joke, though.

:)

Last edited:
I find rings on the beach all the time, of course the people wearing them usually won't give them up.

Had a lady walk up to me on the beach, hold out both hands with multiple rings on each hand. and ask will that machine find these.

Wasn't sure just what her intentions might be. But after talking to her I think she was just lonely and wanted to talk,

No she would not give up the rings that my machine found.

I don’t believe Ed is real for one second. He uploaded the “drug money” video and then quickly deleted it only to reload it a day later this time with the April fools included. He has several videos where he can be seen making mistakes that the average person wouldn’t catch, but anyone who knows about the hobby would catch it quickly.

His latest video! Really? No dust, no oxidation, everything all nice and in perfect order? I’m not buying this guys tricks.

https://youtu.be/em5fXufJVxs

When I saw the way he handled those coins, and then pointed the gun at himself...:wow:

Now i agree with you on that point. But it is just maybe built into his character to show off his found gold and his wife. who knows what is his motive.

I agree with you 110%, he's a fraud!
The coins are all counterfeit junk from China
A first year issue 1794 flowing hair dollar? :laughing:

But yet the guy has over 100K subs.... geesh, the need for fame is real.

I don’t believe Ed is real for one second. He uploaded the “drug money” video and then quickly deleted it only to reload it a day later this time with the April fools included. He has several videos where he can be seen making mistakes that the average person wouldn’t catch, but anyone who knows about the hobby would catch it quickly.

His latest video! Really? No dust, no oxidation, everything all nice and in perfect order? I’m not buying this guys tricks.

https://youtu.be/em5fXufJVxs

Heavy safe moved from storage unit and everything still stored neatly inside? Yeah right!:lol: Silver coins stacked on gold without toning marks? Um no!!! Pliable paper money that appears to have been folded yesterday? Thats how you get paid using youtube monetization. Viewers equals $

For sure a fake. I quit watching him after this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkgWmat6GU&t=512s

He simply walks down to a trash infested beach on a river near Tahoe and finds a 1/2 ounce gold nugget resting in some sand/gravel. If you notice its in the middle of a semi circle of rocks this way he would not forget where he planted it. I called him out in a nice way on that vid but he did not get it. It got to the point that I could see in some of his vids exactly where he was going to make his next find. "Ed the fake beach hunter"

strick

For sure a fake. I quit watching him after this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTkgWmat6GU&t=512s

He simply walks down to a trash infested beach on a river near Tahoe and finds a 1/2 ounce gold nugget resting in some sand/gravel. If you notice its in the middle of a semi circle of rocks this way he would not forget where he planted it. I called him out in a nice way on that vid but he did not get it. It got to the point that I could see in some of his vids exactly where he was going to make his next find. "Ed the fake beach hunter"

strick

Ha! I just watched the vid you posted and your veiled comments! :laughing: I bet He's one hell of a sub par golfer too! "Be Like Mike?" "Be a driver like Tiger" Screw that! I wanna "Be like Ed"..racking up youtube cred! :laughing:
Everybody needs a hobby I guess..

still not sure about Ed

Originally I thought he was/is truthful. And he still may be, it is really hard to know a about someone that lucky.

I know several hunters on the east coast of Fl and down in the Caribbean who make much better finds than Ed the beach hunter. They hunt almost exclusively in front of very upscale hotels and condo's. For the most part Ed seems to hunt at public beaches and even some remote beaches.

My guys in Fla and Caribbean never, never, never publicize their find on Youtube or on any forums. I only came across them when writing a book on beach hunting in FL last year.

So I would be leaning toward him being a youtube star, but he is not based on the low number of views he might be making $300 - $500 per month. that is not youtube stardom territory.

Here is what youtube stardom looks like believe it or not. Those of us who are making youtube metal detecting videos are in the wrong business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt7j50tRxCw

she has over 1,000,000 subscribers and videos with 100,000 views each and one with 21,000,000. Nursery rhymes and candy. Who watches these? Well my 3 year old grandson will watch them for hours on end. Go figure.

Does EVERYONE know that IF he was a member here, this post would be gone and people calling him a liar would be given a vacation?

Let it go folks. We have people on here and always will that will claim impossible things.

Originally I thought he was/is truthful. And he still may be, it is really hard to know a about someone that lucky.

I know several hunters on the east coast of Fl and down in the Caribbean who make much better finds than Ed the beach hunter. They hunt almost exclusively in front of very upscale hotels and condo's. For the most part Ed seems to hunt at public beaches and even some remote beaches.

My guys in Fla and Caribbean never, never, never publicize their find on Youtube or on any forums. I only came across them when writing a book on beach hunting in FL last year.

So I would be leaning toward him being a youtube star, but he is not based on the low number of views he might be making $300 - $500 per month. that is not youtube stardom territory.

Here is what youtube stardom looks like believe it or not. Those of us who are making youtube metal detecting videos are in the wrong business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt7j50tRxCw

she has over 1,000,000 subscribers and videos with 100,000 views each and one with 21,000,000. Nursery rhymes and candy. Who watches these? Well my 3 year old grandson will watch them for hours on end. Go figure.

Thats the damndest youtube thing I've ever seen and wish I could forget! Big Money ya say? A plastic bowl and a bag of skittles? I gotta give this Youtube thingy a try! I got footage of a skunk rooting around in the dumpster..maybe folks would think thats cool? How about a squirrel electrocuted on the wires of the back deck Christmas lights?

Ed is legit !! I have followed him for a long time and also email him back and forth...He is VERY GENEROUS..He does gold give aways of some of his finds. Im sure some of it is to drum up more viewers to monetize his channel but it is something he doesnt need to do.... he puts in long days hunting and all you are seeing is a condensed version of a 5-8 hour hunt in a 15 minute video...This hobby is all about location, location, location and Ed has some very nice places that if you were Ed you wouldnt be going telling others about...He also is versatile. He does scuba detecting, beach hunting and park hunting in a number of different states. Somebody mentioned the video where he found a bag of cash....that was a ha ha funny video..Most of Eds digs are live digs. Im sure he can think of better things to do than bury stuff and pretend to find it. People are always gonna think what they want. I remember a LOT of people on here doubting ( NOXDUDE ) years ago was finding the amount of clad he was finding until he started posting picks and I now see those same doubters saying hey great job buddy... Ed is very knowledgeable with a lot of nice gear to boot...He happens to know when and where to go to find those quality targets...Also a great family man..

Thats the damndest youtube thing I've ever seen and wish I could forget! Big Money ya say? A plastic bowl and a bag of skittles? I gotta give this Youtube thingy a try! I got footage of a skunk rooting around in the dumpster..maybe folks would think thats cool? How about a squirrel electrocuted on the wires of the back deck Christmas lights?

Mud you are on to something. Just make some videos of you metal detecting and be sure to have a bowl of M&M's or Skittles and sing some nursery rhymes and you will push Nugget Noggin and Auqua Chigger off the charts. Plus Garrett and Minelab will be sitting on your doorstep begging you to be their only sponsored detectorist.

No metal detecting video has every gotten a million views let alone 21,000,000 views. You do know that the people creating these videos get paid about $7.00 per thousand views don't you?

And the candy lady does not even show her face, just her hands. So you could function as a hand model in your metal detecting videos like George on Seinfeld in one episode. Miss that show.

:realitycheck:
Ed is legit !! I have followed him for a long time and also email him back and forth...He is VERY GENEROUS..He does gold give aways of some of his finds. Im sure some of it is to drum up more viewers to monetize his channel but it is something he doesnt need to do.... he puts in long days hunting and all you are seeing is a condensed version of a 5-8 hour hunt in a 15 minute video...This hobby is all about location, location, location and Ed has some very nice places that if you were Ed you wouldnt be going telling others about...He also is versatile. He does scuba detecting, beach hunting and park hunting in a number of different states. Somebody mentioned the video where he found a bag of cash....that was a ha ha funny video..Most of Eds digs are live digs. Im sure he can think of better things to do than bury stuff and pretend to find it. People are always gonna think what they want. I remember a LOT of people on here doubting ( NOXDUDE ) years ago was finding the amount of clad he was finding until he started posting picks and I now see those same doubters saying hey great job buddy... Ed is very knowledgeable with a lot of nice gear to boot...He happens to know when and where to go to find those quality targets...Also a great family man..

Wow. That's all I have to say.

You do know that the people creating these videos get paid about $7.00 per thousand views don't you?

One of his videos has 635k views, so that works out to a current payout of $4,445.00. Pretty good take in my book...

One of his videos has 635k views, so that works out to a current payout of $4,445.00. Pretty good take in my book...

oops,you are right. I really sampled a few that were low viewed videos.

has one over 9 million and another at 1.2 million and lots of other high view counts. As a youtube star that is not much, but in the metal detecting world, that is darn good compared to others showing MD videos.

Attachments

• edbeach.jpg
    edbeach.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 467
Back
Top Bottom