ID this tiny piece of metal please.

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
I found this 5/8" metal piece --- in my tire :mad:. When I took the tire in to be repaired, they laughed and showed me a handful of these and said they all came out of people's tires the last week and yes we all were at the same store. We think someone was angry at this store and threw these everywhere to get even or something. These look like they were punched out of brackets or something where the mounting/hanger holes were cut out. Anyone know?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 504
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 435
It was punched out of a press. Source the nearest sheet metal facility .We have several of those key hole dies for a turret press. The slug will look like that, it is pushed through a bottom die, the rounded side is called the punch side, it is smoother when pushed through a die at a high rate of speed.

I agree with Bibelot,
It's a punchout piece. Scrap
I've seen bunches of them.
Someone must work at a metals plant and was mad at someone at the store.

It was punched out of a press. Source the nearest sheet metal facility .We have several of those key hole dies for a turret press. The slug will look like that, it is pushed through a bottom die, the rounded side is called the punch side, it is smoother when pushed through a die at a high rate of speed.

Lol I took my work van to discount tire after hitting a spot where someone must have lost a box of drywall screws on the road. Luckily I had the warranty against unrepairable flats. I was like the tenth car to come in from the area but I must have hit it first. I think I still hold the record at that store with 37 screws in my tires at one time. :lol: The second I hit the area I knew it it sounded like I had studded tires as I was driving. Needless to say I got a new set of tires lol

Back
Top Bottom