• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What Whites MD to keep?

juit

Elite Member
I have the following detectors from whites
Xlt last version
Mxtpro
M6
Idx hot version
A like new in box idx
V3i
Mxsport

Was rhinking of keeping the m6 and v3i, im a hardcore fan of the mxtpro all the way but i think the v3i can be complemented

Last edited:
Well , ....keep them all if they make you happy. :yes:

If it was me and I had to narrow it down to just two I would keep the V3 and the mxsport. They pretty much cover all the bases and the rest are either old technology or just not as capable. The two I mentioned can do everything the rest can , and better.

I use the concentric coils because of bottlecaps infestatuon, will i need to buy dd coils? I have a 8x6 sef coil also

Usually on a solid quarter hit, when the low frequency is strongest, it’s a quarter. On a quarter hit when the high frequency is strongest, it’s a bottle cap. Works for me, in my soil conditions. Hope this helps.

Depends on the kind of hunting you do.

I just hunt the salt water beach and along with Excals I use my White's TDI and MX5.

Only White's I've ever used is my MrBill modded IDX!

I'll never sell it!! So I'm voting IDX

Same here,never used another Whites. But I know what the IDX can do and it’s robust. Perfect backup because I know it. Keep the one you know best. If you’re short on time and patience the V might not be the correct choice...for YOU. There’s a lot to grow into from what I hear!

So a good combo would be: v3i mxtpro and moded idx pro

So a good combo would be: v3i mxtpro and moded idx pro

Yeah, I like that combo overall, unless you water hunt at all. I sold my MXS a couple years ago since I didn't plan to water hunt and love the knobbed Whites machine...Can't really go wrong here.

One big plus is the coils for the V3i and MXT are interchangeable, which you can't do with the MXS.

The 8X6 SEF is really good on the MXT Pro. I haven't taken mine off since the first time I used it a couple months ago and I have the 5.3 eclipse and 10" DD as well.

Best of luck and HH! :aok:

sell all the trash
and buy you a bounty hunter:laughing:
you sure will find this is the best detector made by far
better than any 3030 for sure:p

Back
Top Bottom