New here...hoping to buy new detector soon!

Korban

Yep im new here....been reading alot of posts past few days thought id join the forum.
Im thinking of getting my first detector. looking at the Minelab Xterra 30.
i would appriciate any info on that and other models that are comparable.

Hi Korban. The Xterra Detectors are looking to be very good in their respective price ranges. The X30 is a good detector for the money however it cannot take other search coils. You are limited to just one. The Tesoro Vaquero is also a good detector for around that same price and is proven to go pretty deep. Although it doesn't have an ID meter to it. You may also want to look at the Whites Prizm IV. All of these are lightweight and can find coins and relics.
Please let me know if you need any more help in your decision. I'll be glad to answer any and all of your questions.
Thanks
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com

Welcome Korban. I think that you might be happier with the XTERRA 50 for the extra options. I have the XTERRA 50 so I'm a little partial. :yes: Good luck with which ever detector you buy.

Can some one break down the xterra 30 and tesoro vaquero for me. Goods and the bads....whats better. ive looked at both and they seem to be pretty sweet machines...but i need some more info.  Possibly wanting to order from tony.

Whats the deal with ground balance....something i want or need?

Id love the xterra 50 but i just dont know if i can afford the price.

Welcome Korban. I'm sure Terry will be able to help you out a lot here. The man has made some awesome finds, and knows his stuff. Good luck on your quest.

Korban I can't help you as far as the Tesoro goes. The XTERRA 30 is a good turn and go machine but for me I went with the XTERRA 50 due to the extra features, manual ground balance which helps due to the various ground conditions such as iron ore infested red clay to sugar sand. Also it has more discrimination segments. More sensitivity segments. Noise cancel in case you are hunting next to another detector or high voltage lines. Also the 50 will accommodate extra coils. The best thing to do is to go to the Minelab site there you will get a direct comparison chart that should help you decide if you want the extra features. Check out various reviews and field test. Hope this helps and is not too vague.

WOW! now they have come out with a Minelab X-Terra70. Field test is in the May issue of Lost Treasure.

Yeah Bill and I just keep clicking my heels and saying there's no detector like the 50, there's no detector like the 50. :lol:

I just ordered my Ace 250 today from Tony. I think for the money that is the way to go....WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! :!:

The X30 is a bit cheaper and has target ID. the Vaquero doesn't have target ID but goes a bit deeper. It boils down to (between these two) whether or not you want target ID or not.

Back
Top Bottom