WHAT THE???At pro?

metaladdict

Elite Member
So what do you think?
I buried a clad quarter measured 6 inches in wet dirt put the dirt in packed lightly. Quarter is flat.
Ground balance 84.
5 by 8 coil.
Swung over it low ...nothing..90 degrees...nada.
Im ready for this Equinox,I bet it will nail it at 9,10,11,12 inches!
Wonder whats up???:mad:

Try it underwater. :laughing::laughing:

So what do you think?
I buried a clad quarter measured 6 inches in wet dirt put the dirt in packed lightly. Quarter is flat.
Ground balance 84.
5 by 8 coil.
Swung over it low ...nothing..90 degrees...nada.
Im ready for this Equinox,I bet it will nail it at 9,10,11,12 inches!
Wonder whats up???:mad:

Wow sounds like something is wrong somewhere... Should be able to get 6" easily with that machine...with both coils you mentioned...

Does anyone near you have an XP Deus so you can confirm the coins are really still there? :shock::laughing:

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say something is wrong with that particular ATP. Both mine, even with the 5x8, could easily hit a quarter at 6".

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say something is wrong with that particular ATP. Both mine, even with the 5x8, could easily hit a quarter at 6".

so I redid the test with another quarter slightly less deep then pushed it to 6 inches and it gave me a high tone both directions .Go figure?:?:

Something is not right with those numbers? You might want to try a different location. You might me experiencing some silent masking from either EMI or minerals in the ground beyond the conductivity response of the AT Pro. Did you try a different frequency? A different location?

Fresh dropped coins often times will not be picked up as deep as coins buried in the ground for a long time. However, you should easily pick up that quarter at that distance. From my experience, wet ground gives me a better depth ability. I have hunted places in real hard ground, getting few targets, yet when going after the same area after a good rain soaking, I was picking up targets previously missed.

Give Garrett a call 1 800 527 4011 and give them your results. If moving to a different location (away from buildings) doesn't help, there could be something wrong with your detector. Have your serial number handy. Good luck!

Ground disturbance is masking your quarter.Dig down just to the side of where you want to bury your Quarter, then measure down the depth and punch a hole and push the item through the side of the wall of your hole, this way you have the least amount of ground disturbance to the ground which is going to be detected over

Maybe your GB is flawed ? When I ran preset GB tesoros like the Deleon,I had to turn the sensitivity down in order for it to see a clad Quarter.I blamed it on the fixed Ground balance system not being set accordingly for the soil but odd it could see a dime better than it would a clad quarter unless I turned the sensitivity down to detect the Quarters...Sounds crazy doesn't it ?

Maybe your GB is flawed ? When I ran preset GB tesoros like the Deleon,I had to turn the sensitivity down in order for it to see a clad Quarter.I blamed it on the fixed Ground balance system not being set accordingly for the soil but odd it could see a dime better than it would a clad quarter unless I turned the sensitivity down to detect the Quarters...Sounds crazy doesn't it ?

Yeah but not surprised.
Thanks for the great idea of pushing it in sideways.

Did you ever find out if there was a problem with ATP or it needed a reset. Seems like something is definitely not right.

Last edited:
Something isn't right somewhere.
I don't even have to dig quarters buried at 6+ inches when they give that sweet sound on my AT Pro.
Regardless of how they are laying, if I get a good tone, and a repeatable 85-86.....Auto GB......I just stomp my foot and they jump into my finds pouch.
I would also do this with the hundreds of penny finds during a good day of MDing, but it would be suicidal to have all those pennies flying into my pouch at the same Time.:laughing:

AT Pro/GPP-AT/$9.98 Ebay Digger

Back
Top Bottom