New York: New Westchester, Hudson Valley Club

It only gets better!

Thanks Terry and Kate for setting us up with a place and refreshments/snacks. The meeting was the best to date. The most important part of it was that we were hanging out and using/comparing the detectors. I think we all got a chance to socialize and participate as a group. I am looking forward to the next one!!!:yes: Well done Terry!

Great Meeting!

What a great meeting last night! I want to thank all the members that turned out last night in the Thunder Storms! I also want to thank Carter and Barry, from Blisstool USA http://www.blisstoolusa.com/ for demonstrating their machines, and answering all of our questions.

We did depth tests on two targets, a 1942 “Mercury” Dime, and a 5-gram 14K Claddagh ring) set at 8” in depth. I chose an area that has moderate-to-highly mineralized soil, and was fairly trashy. I used a trenching shovel to make the plugs, and pushed the targets into the holes sidewall, then replaced the plug and tamped it down.

Some of the machines tested included:

Blisstool V3
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Tesoro Cibola
XP Deus
Minelab CTX 3030
Whites V3i
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher F75

I think we were all extremely impressed with the Blisstool, and very surprised by some of the other machines that struggled to find the targets! I’ll post more on the results after I talk to some of the club members that tested their machines and get their post-test impressions.

Thanks Angelika for video taping the action, and the Chips and Beer! Great evening and great people!

Attachments

• atpro.jpg
    atpro.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 387
  • Bliss1.jpg
    Bliss1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 379
  • ctx3030.jpg
    ctx3030.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 347
  • DFX.jpg
    DFX.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 340
  • xpdeus.jpg
    xpdeus.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 356
  • rafflewinner.jpg
    rafflewinner.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Sorry I missed the meeting. I will be there next month. The Blisstool is a great machine once you get to understand it. Terry good job!!

Thanks for the photos Terry :grin:
Once I figure out how to use this MacBook, I will post them. Utube?

wish i was closer, that looked like a great get together. being able ta test drive a couple different detectors would be sweet :yes:

To my knowledge there has been no official meet in over a year.
If anyone in the area reads this, chime in, maybe jump in and post. Maybe a few of us can get together.
Primenybt, I grew up in Yonkers, what area are you in?

Not sure what took place since the last meeting. Basically we just call or PM each other to get out for a hunt.

Back
Top Bottom