• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

When can I start digging?

keith73

Hi all,

I live in Southern Quebec just above New England. I'm new to M'Ding and I'm wondering when the ground will thaw out so i can dig more then an inch without hitting ice?

HI Keith, you will probably be a little behind us here in Mich. And our ground is on its way to being digable. Been a long winter for us hasn't it. :yes:

Here in Oklahoma, it not the ice but the drought. Some of the playground areas (red clay) are like brick. We finally got some rain last weekend. Digging was a lot easier today :D

trobaughokc said:
Here in Oklahoma, it not the ice but the drought.  Some of the playground areas (red clay) are like brick.  We finally got some rain last weekend.  Digging was a lot easier today :D
Good post...
I was in tucson last month... they didn't have rain for 150 somethin days ....
was like digging into bricks...
The only good spots were where sprinkler systems were set up.

Don

Cabin Fever eh?

Do you have a backyard? Then go for it.

Maybe in the woods under some pine trees there might be some soft spots under the pine needles.

well im in NH right under you and in some areas like the wooded areas the gound is not so bad but then againsome areas it is.i got a dime signal yesterday for what ever reason it showed as a dime ,anyway the area it was in justified me digging and when i poped that sweet little thing out of the ground after digging for 15 mins or so "4 inches"it turns out it was 4 1963 pennies. but yes the ground is hard here to. hey get a small torch you can carry with you and heat the ground lol

The sun is getting higher every day. hang in there it won't be long. Shady area's still frozen here in Mass. Cladius.

Happy Birthday, Cladius!
Now you're OVER a half century old...! :lol:

Attachments

• HappyBirthdayMouse.gif
    HappyBirthdayMouse.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom