Be mindful of your packages being delivered (LOOK)

I saw that on the news, with how relatively inexpensive you can get a basic ip security camera more people might consider getting one after seeing all the news reports about "porch pirates".

We live in a semi-rural area and have not had any such problems, but since the ip camera was fairly inexpensive I got one and installed it myself. (but as much as deer sometimes go thru our yard we might get to see deer occasionally though :lol:)

No monthly fees, and we can see a live view from our smartphones even when away from home on our phone's data connection. At home we see the view over our WIFI connection, either on our smartphones, computer screen, or tablet, and I can "Miracast" the view to my big screen TV thru Roku if I occasionally want a really big view.

I can record video or still snapshots manually, and it can also be set up to automatically record when motion is detected and alert you too.

I have mine set up so I can see from a couple feet in front of my house to all the way to the road outside my property (and beyond) and the IR night vision works pretty good allowing us to see at night about out to the road.

outdoor_cam.jpg Hikvision_4mm.jpg

I guess that man will loose the employee of the year award.
So much of society depends on trust.

ps I filed a case on Ebay item not received got a instant refund. Arrived today very late so re paid...good karma. Just shows trust is what many companies rely on, then you get creeps like that driver taking advantage of trust.

I guess that man will loose the employee of the year award.
So much of society depends on trust.

ps I filed a case on Ebay item not received got a instant refund. Arrived today very late so re paid...good karma. Just shows trust is what many companies rely on, then you get creeps like that driver taking advantage of trust.

Good for you for repaying, in this day and age I have an even greater appreciation for honest people :thumbsup:

A clear conscience helps make for a good nights sleep !

Freaking pathetic. Glad he's being charged with a felony, they need to make sure it sticks too...no plea'ing (?) down the charge. Entrusted people who are welcomed on private property to conduct their business and do things like this are scum.

And there is a company that wants a key to your house so they can "Put the Package inside away from thieves". Not going to happen at my House.

tnshooter,
I worked for UPS as delivery driver and a tractor trailer diver for 30 years in TN by the way. The thief was a seasonal helper. He'll wish he had gotten a job at Burger King. UPS will spare no expense to make and example of him. I've seen it happen on a number of occasions. They have you arrested at work so everyone can see you go out in handcuffs and arrested. Personally, I would rather take my chances robbing a bank. But he will get his due. I hate a thief.

Back
Top Bottom