Beautiful Bennington, Buff, twin mercs and wheats

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
This morning I started off at a tearout nearby and found just a few memorials.
The second stop was not much better with only one wheatie.
Third time was a charm, fresh tearout!
The buff was on edge along remaining sidewalk and I almost did not dig it, glad I did 1914.

One of the mercs was in such beautiful condition, all it took was a light scrub with some baking powder, probably the nicest merc I have ever found:yes:
If you look closely, I swear you can make out a facial expression.

This marble is going to be the centerpiece of my collection, I just love it.

Happy Hunting Everybody

Attachments

• 5-20-17 goodies.jpg
    5-20-17 goodies.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 5-20-17 merc.jpg
    5-20-17 merc.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 5-20-17 merc rev.jpg
    5-20-17 merc rev.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 5-20-17 merc close.jpg
    5-20-17 merc close.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 268
Great finds Mat, congrats! Tearouts here are elusive, and I try to check out the cities website to see when they are happening. The info from the city here is vague, and its hard to find out why they are closing a section of the street. Even when something sounds promising, it usually ends up being a bust, and it stinks to drive all the way over there to see a small jobs that you cant even get your coil in. You seem to have a knack for it.

Nice finds! All of the silvers I have ever found have just needed a little wipe down with a wet paper towel......was that Merc pretty crusty or something?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wow! Nice finds! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks
Wow both the marble and merc are beautiful
Thanks Mike
Great finds Mat, congrats! Tearouts here are elusive, and I try to check out the cities website to see when they are happening. The info from the city here is vague, and its hard to find out why they are closing a section of the street. Even when something sounds promising, it usually ends up being a bust, and it stinks to drive all the way over there to see a small jobs that you cant even get your coil in. You seem to have a knack for it.
You are correct, the odds of hitting one at the right time are probably less than 5% but it sure is fun when it happens:D

Nice finds! All of the silvers I have ever found have just needed a little wipe down with a wet paper towel......was that Merc pretty crusty or something?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

She had a blemish on top of her head, not like iron residue, just a little tarnish I guess.

Nice job Matt. Why don't you take a vacation and leave some stuff for the rest of us in Wisconsin. I suppose the prizes at next months meeting will be uncirculated, low mint liberty halves since you will probably win both----again.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom