Finally on 2015 Gold Board! 14k Ring

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Made a run into town for groceries. Always have the detector so decided to hit a pounded park. Spent 45 minutes with only a little clad to show for it. Decided to hit the tot lot on the way out. Just started swinging when I got. 46 VDI on the ATP, but it was the sweetest 46 I had ever heard. Brushed away the sand and saw my first gold ring of the year. It's tiny, but it is 14k. It looks like it may have some age to it.

Going to have to research the hallmarks; has what looks like a candelabra with a "v" or "J" on left side of stem and an "A" on right side. To the right of this is a circle with a "C" in the middle. If anyone has info on the hallmarks please let me know.

Also got a small ear ring. No markings, but could be silver???

Good to see my first gold of the year on an unplanned hunt!

ed5f1a11c55faf1b256dcd4c34aecf53.jpg

6fc557d7b988baec28f471a6620417db.jpg

155d51f5a9f6b76f77ab812b1164e4e3.jpg

2bef73e8abfd056c49bb96f9254141da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been lucky enough to find gold in a tot lot. They are my favorite place to hunt too. I've found silver and other neat things, but NO gold. A big congrats to you for stopping and checking that TL.

HDD

Congrats on that nice gold ring!! It's a great sight to see gold unearthed!

Once every blue moon, I detect a tot-lot at a park...maybe I should increase that measly percentage...it may pay off like it did for you!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

46 on the At Pro. .I have the At Pro and gold comes in in the low 60's. Probably because of its size it was coming in at 46. Terrific find. Congrats

Congrats on getting on the board!!

So far I found 3 gold rings and one gold pendant while hunting urban beaches, I mean tot lots...

Stay on em!

<*)))>{

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! Going to do some research. Still out swinging today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't make out your hallmark in the photo, but James Avery is indeed a candelabra and a J and A on either side. Plus, the ring looks almost exact. Great find, and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom