Finally got out in a field this year...

PhilB

Elite Member
I didn't have much time this evening so I went to a field a road north of my house and hunted an old home site that I have pounded for years. I wanted some more time with the Deus since I only used it a few times before I had my heart attack last fall. I have hunted this site with at least a half dozen different detectors over the years so non-ferrous finds are scarce. I hit a couple non-ferrous targets and found a button and that was it. Just as I started to work my way back to the Jeep I got a nice hit amid all the iron. I had a terrible time finding the target since it was very small. This is what I saw when I finally got the mud off the tiny disc.

The button was an eyeball find and I put the other stuff in my trash bucket. I was tickled to find out I had a silver 3 cent piece, I don't find many of them. I'd rather be lucky than good any day.:lol:

Rather lucky then good? I think not!
Great to see you hunting again Phil , can't wait for more reports.
Congratulations on that sweet sweet three cents .
HH , Dew

That is a very sweet recovery Phil. Any time you can find something that small amongst iron and other junk is saying something about your skill and your machine.Congrats buddy!

Back
Top Bottom