Lots of So Cal Oldies! Silver & 14 kt Bling! A Great 2 Wks of Hunts!; 252 Ag Coins FTY!

Raphis

Elite Member
Hello Friendly Forumites!

This past couple weeks of treasure hunting in S. Cal has been productive for me. I ended up hunting the beaches and the turf, and the old coin finds, along with some jewelry and relics didn't disappoint. Some of the highlights on the beach were 20 more silver coins, my oldest US coin from the beach (an 1894 Indian penny), a vintage 4 gr Bristol 14kt ring with 4 small diamonds, one buffalo nickel, some early Jefferson nickels, a bunch of wheats, a couple pieces of silver jewelry, a 10.5 gm monogrammed ring of unknown metal found at about 20", and a lead toy Indian. Not shown is about 10 pounds of iron I dug, along with over 100 of the older zip and ring tabs to get those keepers. My TDI gives me the extra depth and black sand rejection I need to find the deeper targets. I finally wore out the lip of my stainless beach scoop, and had to order another one. In the turf, I got to hunt with my buddy, Jason(Jamflicker), early this week, and scored a turf Indian penny (1901) that had a rusted steel penny stuck to it, 3 mercs, 1 war nickel, along with 30 wheats. It was a very productive turf hunt for the both of us. These latest silvers brings my Ag coin count to 252 FTY. My silver digging frenzy has definitely tapered off from the first two months this year, but I'm still overjoyed that my old hunting spots in the turf and surf have continued to produce for me. Finding the remaining oldies at my heavily hunted spots has become increasingly more challenging, which I crave, and has kept me from doing research to locate new oldie spots to hunt. I've got hundreds of pounded/pillaged spots to hunt here, but no new oldie spots. It's unfathomable what remains at these heavily hunted parks and beaches if one stays determined and continues to be persistent and perseveres!! :yes:

Thanks for looking!
Keep The Passion High! :thumbsup:

HH,
Raphis
Dan

IMG_2223_sm.jpg

IMG_2225_sm.jpg

IMG_2226_sm.jpg

IMG_2227_sm.jpg

What a great couple weeks Dan. It's been fun hearing about all your beach finds and glad we were able to get out on Monday. It's been crazy how some of these same pounded sites keep producing. Congrats and hope the next couple weeks are just as good.

Wow! Dan it still coming. Congrats on some outstanding hunts. Gold, Sterling and lots of Silver Coins. If this is slowing down I got to catch a case of it. amazing numbers. Jack

Wow, your posts just seem to keep getting better......lol. Congrats!!!!

Man you sure are killing it this year....I wish I had that much time to detect.......congrats and I look forward to seeing more awesome posts from you. Take care and keep on diggin!!!!!

GL & HH
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Jason! I think my beach finds will finally taper off, but it will still be fun trying to eke out the last of the old coins from some of the zones I've been hunting. Can't wait for my new scoop to arrive tomorrow. aas for the turf oldies, I'd be real happy with 3-5+ silver day hunts going forward for the second half of the year, if possible!

What a great couple weeks Dan. It's been fun hearing about all your beach finds and glad we were able to get out on Monday. It's been crazy how some of these same pounded sites keep producing. Congrats and hope the next couple weeks are just as good.

Thanks, Jack! My old beach finds will surely taper off, but it sure was a lot of fun digging those deepies for months on end. I'll probably be doing for turf hunting sooner than later.

Wow! Dan it still coming. Congrats on some outstanding hunts. Gold, Sterling and lots of Silver Coins. If this is slowing down I got to catch a case of it. amazing numbers. Jack

The amount of keepers you find blows my mind. Congrats!
Thanks, Keith! Yeah, the amount of 40's-50's losses in the areas I hunt is mind blowing to say the least!

SON!!! That would be a GREAT year for me. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
Thanks WC! Good luck on your hunts!

What I would do to have silver days like that. I just keep digging all these stupid old coppers. Dam you Dan...:)
Thanks, Sean! At least you guys have a few silver, along with a good supply of old coppers over there. We have just about zero coppers in the typical spots we hunt. An old copper here is rarer than a gold coin! :lol:

Wow, your posts just seem to keep getting better......lol. Congrats!!!!
Thanks, Vermonster! I remember back 3-5 years ago, I'd be making posts on a daily finds rate...now I post every two weeks. The oldies are on the decline for sure, but the thrill of finding them is still exciting for me.

Congrats on the fine Left Coast silver hunting, the gold, Indians....all of it...and reaching 250 silvers. Excellent work!
Thanks, Captn! I really feel my silver digging pace tapering off this year already....It has been a fun run though. A run I didn't expect would happen in 2015.

Man you sure are killing it this year....I wish I had that much time to detect.......congrats and I look forward to seeing more awesome posts from you. Take care and keep on diggin!!!!!

GL & HH
Brian

Thanks, Brian for reply! It sure has been a fun detecting year so far! From '07-'13, I was hunting mostly turf, but the past 2 yrs, I've been hunting more beaches. Had it not been for the 200+ silver I have found at the beaches over the past year, I'd be hunting turf most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom