on the board with a couple old sweet ones

bobac

Elite Member
Well, just like a bunch of other of you lucky northerners I took full advantage of that incredible and unreal dreamy heatwave. Honestly, I lost track of how many times I left /snuck out of the house with my CTX:lol::lol: I'll say 3 , since I can only remember dumping out my pockets 3 times for pictures in the last 2 days......
Anyway, I open the year with a seated coin as I did last year. I was telling myself great this will be my one and only seated coin for the whole year again, but then a few hours later at another nearby small town I snagged another one.:wow:
The second one is actually kind of a bucket list find for me since I have been wanting to find an early version seated coin pretty badly. Maybe......just maybe ,...if I pray hard and get a little bit more luck there may be a bust silver hiding out in this spot.....Over the last year it has coughed up an 1898 quarter, a few Barber dimes, 2 1700s Reales, and the 1857 seated dime !!!!you just never know.
I don't think I have ever detected that many hours in such a short span, but I knew the window was an incredible juicy opportunity and was gonna disappear quickly......And now, back to icing my shoulder......
Does this combo count as an official trifecta?? :D:D
3 silvers fty.....

Attachments

• 1 sm.jpg
    1 sm.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 1.1 sm.jpg
    1.1 sm.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 377
  • 1.2 sm.jpg
    1.2 sm.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 1.3 sm.jpg
    1.3 sm.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 2 sm.jpg
    2 sm.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 3 sm.jpg
    3 sm.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 4 sm.jpg
    4 sm.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 5 sm.jpg
    5 sm.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 6 sm.jpg
    6 sm.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 7 sm.jpg
    7 sm.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 288
  • 7.1 sm.jpg
    7.1 sm.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 8 sm.jpg
    8 sm.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 8.1 sm.jpg
    8.1 sm.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 300
Nice write up and congrats on the coins. I Like the 1891. don't see that year too often. I think of barbers for the 1890s. Awesome getting two seaters that close together! My frequency seems 1 every 5 years!

Congrats on the silvers,especially the seated, and some fine hunting. I would be happy with just one seated this year. HH Mark

That is some very impressive coins to start the new year with Bob. Way to take advantage of the opportunity. Congrats on the Seated's, the Rosie and all the rest. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom