Who uses business cards??

Justadad1999

Business cards or introductory cards? Do they ever help? What kind of response(s) do you get if you do use a card and hand it to someone? Do you make your own or have them printed?

Thanks & HH

Re: Who uses??

I recently had some printed out. I think they help to introduce yourself and sometimes can impress the land owner. I have given them to individuals, schools, chuches and local police. I've had one person call me to find a gas line and one to find a ring. I didn't find the ring but did the gas line. I don't charge a fee. It's just fun to do it.

I don't have cards for metal detecting but I have regular business cards from work and since I usually keep the detector in the work van, if I stop to get permission from someone, I sometimes will give them a business card. Just to show them that I am a regular, honest guy. I gave one to a guy once who told me that he couldn't give me permission but he would talk to his fire chief and they would call me back... they never did, so I just kept going back until I ran into the right person and got permission face to face. That site yielded a 1929-S Merc.

Terry- do you get alot of business from those cards? I've never helped anyone find anything they lost. Though I offered once, but the guy didn't trust me, I'm sure. He claimed to have lost a $20 gold piece that his grandmother gave him, but he wouldn't even take my number.

I'm gonna have some cards made up soon. I have read a lot of comments about getting permission a lot easier by using them.

Thats a great idea, I waslooking in our lost and found section of the paper, but there wasn't anything there, I think the cards are a very professional way to present yourself. smg

Just a couple of people so far Jeff. I live in a small town and hunt mostly small towns close by so I hope that the info on the cards will get around. I've only given out about 15 so far though.

Terry gave me one and I thought to myself that it was a good idea. Hand them out to friends and coworkers who can "network" for you.

Back
Top Bottom